Poll: Would you form a formal partnership/collective with other freelancers?
Користувач, який розмістив тему: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ПЕРСОНАЛ САЙТУ
Sep 3

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Would you form a formal partnership/collective with other freelancers?".

View the poll results »



 
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Португалія
Local time: 10:02
Член (2007)
англійська --> португальська
+ ...
N/A Sep 3

The small business I run started life as a translator’s cooperative in 1985 in Brussels, but when in 2015 I decided to move back to Lisbon for family reasons I had to convert it into a registered society with only two members.

Sebastian Witte
 
Claudio Pagliarani
Claudio Pagliarani  Identity Verified
Італія
Член (2009)
англійська --> Італійська
+ ...
Collaboration in Freelance Translation: Challenges and Tools Sep 3

I’m keen on collaborations for my language pairs: English–Italian, German–Italian, and French–Italian. Diverse perspectives improve translation quality, but finding reliable partners is tough. Past attempts failed due to scheduling conflicts. Trust and technical tools (e.g., high-performance PCs, CAT tools like memoQ/Trados, paid dictionaries, and AI subscriptions) are critical. I prefer formal partnerships for structured projects and shared resources. Preparation, clear deadlines, and a... See more
I’m keen on collaborations for my language pairs: English–Italian, German–Italian, and French–Italian. Diverse perspectives improve translation quality, but finding reliable partners is tough. Past attempts failed due to scheduling conflicts. Trust and technical tools (e.g., high-performance PCs, CAT tools like memoQ/Trados, paid dictionaries, and AI subscriptions) are critical. I prefer formal partnerships for structured projects and shared resources. Preparation, clear deadlines, and alignment on standards are key to successful collaboration. ▲ Collapse


Maria Laura Curzi
 
Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Німеччина
Local time: 11:02
Член (2009)
англійська --> німецька
+ ...
Solo Sep 3

I prefer working solo. However, when the need arises, I do know other colleagues who are willing to lend a hand - or a word or two.

[Edited at 2026-09-03 16:45 GMT]


Christine Andersen
 
Daryo
Daryo
Local time: 10:02
сербська --> англійська
+ ...
No need for 'formal' Sep 8

Informal partnerships on a case-by-case basis have worked well enough for me.

This is a case where you would have to have some very good reasons to get bogged down in endless formalities. Usually not worth the trouble.


Christine Andersen
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератори цього форуму
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Would you form a formal partnership/collective with other freelancers?






Draftsmith
Edit Translations Faster With Affordable AI You Can Trust

Draftsmith is an affordable AI editing tool for busy translators. It works directly in Microsoft Word, supporting the way you work ProZ members receive a 20% discount on a single user subscription of Draftsmith.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »