Thread poster: GabrielaRoman
GabrielaRoman
GabrielaRoman
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:08
English to Romanian
May 29, 2009

Dear all,

I have just finished working on a project using logoport applied on .rtf files (.page and .xml files converted to .rtf). My client has asked for the following:

1. Logoport Quality Assurance Tools log (folder name: Lbt)
2. all final bilingual files (folder name: Segmented)
3. all final translated files (folder name: Segmented)
4. the translated files after TM Cleanup. (folder name: Cleaned)

What I have/have done so far is:
<
... See more
Dear all,

I have just finished working on a project using logoport applied on .rtf files (.page and .xml files converted to .rtf). My client has asked for the following:

1. Logoport Quality Assurance Tools log (folder name: Lbt)
2. all final bilingual files (folder name: Segmented)
3. all final translated files (folder name: Segmented)
4. the translated files after TM Cleanup. (folder name: Cleaned)

What I have/have done so far is:

1. Logoport QA Tools log.
I have performed a logoport AQT check, selecting "clean-up" and "tag checker". The returned number of erros is now 0. This is all logged in an .xml log.

2. All final bilingual files
I have all the final bilingual files.

3. All final translated files
4. The translated files after TM Clean-up

Could I please get some advice on how to get the last 2 documents? I tried to run "clean to target language" from the logoport menu. The result of this was a series of .bak files, but the instructions say: "all final translated files (no .bak, .err or other parasite files please!)".

Thank you!
Gabriela
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 20:08
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Logoport Tools May 29, 2009

GabrielaBogdan wrote:
3. All final translated files
4. The translated files after TM Clean-up

You used 'Logoport Linguistic Toolbox'.

To clean-up the files you need 'Logoport Tools' and, of course, Internet connection to the TM.

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:08
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
I think the PM meant the final format (.xml) May 29, 2009

3. Could be .xml files (not sure about .page), and 4. - the cleaned RTF files.

To make 3., you'll probably need to copy the content of the cleaned RTF files to Notepad and save as UTF-8 (probably) text files with the correct name and extension.

To clean your bilingual files, copy them to the Cleaned folder, open Logoport Tools, choose Clean to Target Language, log in and select the TM and the language pair (if prompted), uncheck Create bak copies, and check Store transl
... See more
3. Could be .xml files (not sure about .page), and 4. - the cleaned RTF files.

To make 3., you'll probably need to copy the content of the cleaned RTF files to Notepad and save as UTF-8 (probably) text files with the correct name and extension.

To clean your bilingual files, copy them to the Cleaned folder, open Logoport Tools, choose Clean to Target Language, log in and select the TM and the language pair (if prompted), uncheck Create bak copies, and check Store translations to TM. Drag your files onto the dialog, click cleanup, and you're done.

Good luck!

@ Sergei - LTB and QA Tools are 2 different things.
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 20:08
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Right May 30, 2009

Adam Łobatiuk wrote:
LTB and QA Tools are 2 different things.

'QA Tools' is a part of 'Logoport Tools'.
'Linguistic Toolbox' is a separate package. See:

GabrielaRoman
GabrielaRoman
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:08
English to Romanian
TOPIC STARTER
LTB - How do I run it? Jun 3, 2009

Thank you Sergei and Adam!

I see now that I had used the correct thing: QAT.
But now my client also asks for LTB. I can't figure out how to run it. I received 2 files from them related to this. One is named: config.cfg. The other is a folder which contains 19 files with the extension .rul. M

My new question is: How do I run the LTB spellchecker? Were they supposed to send me another file with an executable program?

Thank you!

Gabriela
... See more
Thank you Sergei and Adam!

I see now that I had used the correct thing: QAT.
But now my client also asks for LTB. I can't figure out how to run it. I received 2 files from them related to this. One is named: config.cfg. The other is a folder which contains 19 files with the extension .rul. M

My new question is: How do I run the LTB spellchecker? Were they supposed to send me another file with an executable program?

Thank you!

Gabriela

[Edited at 2009-06-03 15:53 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-03 16:35 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to deliver cleaned logoport files?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »