New build eliminates need to pre-translate in Trados
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Mar 25, 2023

The new build eliminates the need to pre-translate in Trados. With the previous build I always got this nasty message (meaning that I had to run the file through Trados):

Screen Shot 2023-03-25 at 07.14.05

With 11.3 I don't get that message anymore: hurray!

Let's see how the improvements for the project templates work out:

Project templates can keep their own sets of resources - not only select and deselect them.

EDIT: Works as advertised. Very nice...

[Edited at 2023-03-25 06:52 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
Jean Dimitriadis
Victor Useh

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
List of recent project templates Mar 26, 2023

The notes on the latest update state:

Selection of recent project templates via the double-click in the Dashboard's project template title.

Mac users have to click the right mouse button (or Ctrl+left mouse button) to open the list:

[Edited at 2023-03-26 06:55 GMT]

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:40
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Reusing projects in CTE Mar 26, 2023

Hans Lenting wrote:
Project templates can keep their own sets of resources - not only select and deselect them.

After a brief check I confirm that project templates now load with their original resources intact. This is good of course, but it's only for project templates, while it's still not possible to directly open *projects* with their original resources intact, right?

[Edited at 2023-03-26 07:43 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Everything is there - at the right place Mar 26, 2023

Mario Cerutti wrote:
while it's still not possible to directly open *projects* with their original resources intact, right?

When you have assigned a template to a project, upon reopening that project all resources are opened and arranged correctly too.

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 23:40
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Everything is there - at the right place? Mar 26, 2023

Hans Lenting wrote:
Mario Cerutti wrote:
while it's still not possible to directly open *projects* with their original resources intact, right?

When you have assigned a template to a project, upon reopening that project all resources are opened and arranged correctly too.

So, to be able to open an existing project with all its original resources intact, it necessarily has to be created with a project template in the first place? I admit I'm still somewhat confused about how project templates work on Cafetran.

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Not yet implemented Mar 26, 2023

Mario Cerutti wrote:

So, to be able to open an existing project with all its original resources intact, it necessarily has to be created with a project template in the first place? I admit I'm still somewhat confused about how project templates work on Cafetran.

Correct!

Perhaps a field to select the template can be added to the project configuration dialogue box?

And if you intend to switch between projects via the Project menu and Recent projects: not yet implemented.

[Edited at 2023-03-26 10:10 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
- Mar 26, 2023

-

[Edited at 2023-03-26 20:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New build eliminates need to pre-translate in Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »