TRADOS MultiTerm Extract - a good investment?
Thread poster: Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:26
German to English
+ ...
Oct 19, 2005

Is this tool worth the cost? Does it do what it says it does? I am considering investing in it, and would appreciate comments and reports on your experiences. TIA

Woodstock

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
question repeated - practical experience with MT extract? Oct 31, 2005

I did not go for the october special, because I felt, getting bigger and better dictionaries faster is not the way to boost my productivity. At least not (yet) at the price offered.

What's the experience so far?

smo

PS: my biggest boost would come from a piece of software that would be versant in (slovenian) declension

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Using MT Extract occasionally Oct 31, 2005

Hi all,
Sorry for not responding earlier.

I have been using MT Extract 6.5 on occasions; results appear to be best when extracting terminology from TMs created by aligning highly structured texts, such as EU Directives, or manuals/systems documentation.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS MultiTerm Extract - a good investment?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »