Anna Marchesi
Anna Marchesi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:08
German to Italian
+ ...
May 20, 2009

Hi everyone,
I am working with OmegaT and I am looking for an alignment tool, free if possible or at least very cheap. I tried to look for some, like Similis but I couldn't understand how to get the freeware, or MetaTexis, but the alignment function is included only in the "expensive edition".
Could anybody please help?
Thank you so much,
Anna

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-20 13:26 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-20 14:14
... See more
Hi everyone,
I am working with OmegaT and I am looking for an alignment tool, free if possible or at least very cheap. I tried to look for some, like Similis but I couldn't understand how to get the freeware, or MetaTexis, but the alignment function is included only in the "expensive edition".
Could anybody please help?
Thank you so much,
Anna

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-20 13:26 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-20 14:14 GMT]
Collapse

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:08
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
+Tools May 20, 2009

Free

+ XBench

[Редактировалось 2009-05-20 13:47 GMT]

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:08
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Alignment tool? May 20, 2009

Sergei Leshchinsky wrote:

XBench

I use XBench all of the time, both to search into glossaries, files and translation memories, and for its wonderful QA functions, but I don't think you can use it as an alignment tool (i.e., a tool that aligns two separate monolingual texts to create an aligned bilingual one).

I may be wrong, of course... could you tell how to use XBench as an alignment tool?

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:08
Russian to English
+ ...
TextAlign... May 20, 2009

Is a good tool and easy to use, but the user interface is Russian (and there are almost no instructions supplied). If you don't know Russian or the Cyrillic alphabet, but are adventuresome, the forum below is helpful: Users have provided translations and macros to make it easier to use.

... See more
Is a good tool and easy to use, but the user interface is Russian (and there are almost no instructions supplied). If you don't know Russian or the Cyrillic alphabet, but are adventuresome, the forum below is helpful: Users have provided translations and macros to make it easier to use.

http://www.proz.com/forum/software_applications/132446-textalign_freeware_alignment_program.html

Susan
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:08
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Free May 20, 2009

http://www.proz.com/translation-articles/articles/2176/1/Aligning-texts-with-Hunalign

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 15:08
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
I mean... May 21, 2009

Riccardo Schiaffino wrote:
could you tell how to use XBench as an alignment tool?

Use +Tools first and then finish the TM using XBench.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for free or cheap alignment tool - suggestions needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »