Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more
Thread poster: l Gaston l
Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
"From" line corresponds to your site name May 3, 2012

Hello Katsumasa,

Thanks for the feedback!

When an invoice is emailed to its recipient(s), the name on the "Sender" or "From" line in the email corresponds to your "site name"; that is, to either your real name or your username, whichever you have chosen to make publicly visible in your profile. You can edit your site name by going to your Profile Updater, then selecting either "Show first and last name, as entered in profile" or "Show username, as used in logi
... See more
Hello Katsumasa,

Thanks for the feedback!

When an invoice is emailed to its recipient(s), the name on the "Sender" or "From" line in the email corresponds to your "site name"; that is, to either your real name or your username, whichever you have chosen to make publicly visible in your profile. You can edit your site name by going to your Profile Updater, then selecting either "Show first and last name, as entered in profile" or "Show username, as used in login".

There is currently no way to change the text in the "From" or "Sender" line manually, other than by changing your site name.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Maria Kopnitsky
Collapse

Katsumasa Suzuki
Katsumasa Suzuki  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 04:45
English to Japanese
+ ...
Thanks about setting of "From" line May 4, 2012

Hi Maria,

I changed the setting in the Profile Updater, and it worked.
Thank you for your input.

However, I still think it would be nice to let the users have more options in this regard, maybe in the final version?

K. Suzuki

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:45
Dutch to English
Can someone please answer my support ticket Jun 4, 2012

I currently have a support ticket open on the invoicing tool and have received no reply since April 17, well over a month ago. Can someone please look into this? Or do I need to make a support request to get my support request looked at?

SueE
SueE  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 21:45
Member (2006)
French to English
Postcode Jul 9, 2012

I have just started using the invoicing tool and it looks most promising. However, I am slightly frustrated by the fact that I have to insert a postcode!

In Ireland we do not have postcodes (except a few numbers in Dublin), simply wonderful men and women that rush around the countryside in little green and white vans with An Post written on the side.

So, to overcome the problem I have to insert something in the postcode box (I have tried any number of things, the best o
... See more
I have just started using the invoicing tool and it looks most promising. However, I am slightly frustrated by the fact that I have to insert a postcode!

In Ireland we do not have postcodes (except a few numbers in Dublin), simply wonderful men and women that rush around the countryside in little green and white vans with An Post written on the side.

So, to overcome the problem I have to insert something in the postcode box (I have tried any number of things, the best one being a simple dash), but then it looks rather odd on the printed invoice.

Is there anything than can be done to make the postcode entry optional rather than mandatory? I am sure to many this will seem a rather petty problem, but it does spoil the look of my invoices and I am a perfectionist!

Thank you.

Sue

[Edited at 2012-07-09 16:21 GMT]
Collapse

Per Riise (X)
Per Riise (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Exporting clients (CSV) Sep 3, 2012

It seems that the invoicing feature only exports the first 25 clients. I have several pages of clients, and no matter what I do, I can only export the ones on the first page. Could you please fix this, so I can export the rest of my clients?

Best,
Per Riise

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Try with selecting all clients before exporting Sep 3, 2012

Hello Per,

Have you tried checking the box next to "Client name" (to select all clients in the list) and then exporting the selected clients? Note that if you have more than 25 clients (which is the maximum of clients shown per page) you will have to click on "Select all XXX matching clients" before exporting the list.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Lucia

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:45
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
One problem with the invoicing tool when exporting to PDF Sep 4, 2012

I really love the invoicing tool and find it to be extremely useful and practical.

However, there is one thing that I need to mention about it that doesn't work right. When exporting an invoice to PDF the Russian text (cyrillic letters) in the "description" field came out scrambled and impossible to read when it was exported to PDF. Before I exported the invoice the text was perfect and this only happening when it was exported. Luckily the Russian text was only a small part of the d
... See more
I really love the invoicing tool and find it to be extremely useful and practical.

However, there is one thing that I need to mention about it that doesn't work right. When exporting an invoice to PDF the Russian text (cyrillic letters) in the "description" field came out scrambled and impossible to read when it was exported to PDF. Before I exported the invoice the text was perfect and this only happening when it was exported. Luckily the Russian text was only a small part of the description so what I am referring to should still be clear enough. However, sometimes with clients from other countries it may be necessary to have the entire description field in another language and I would like to be able to export the invoices to PDF without this problem.

Does anyone else have the same problem?
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:45
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Known issue Sep 4, 2012

Dear Sarah,

I'm afraid the problem you report has been reported before and it is not currently possible to fix it. As stated on http://www.proz.com/faq/127093#127093 , some multibyte characters won't convert to PDF properly, including many Arabic and Cyrillic characters. This is a known issue in the software library ProZ.com uses to do this conversion. The library maintainers have sched
... See more
Dear Sarah,

I'm afraid the problem you report has been reported before and it is not currently possible to fix it. As stated on http://www.proz.com/faq/127093#127093 , some multibyte characters won't convert to PDF properly, including many Arabic and Cyrillic characters. This is a known issue in the software library ProZ.com uses to do this conversion. The library maintainers have scheduled a fix for the next version, but the date when that new version will be released is unknown. When an updated version is available, ProZ.com will upgrade the invoicing system.

Until this is fixed, invoices with multibyte characters that don't appear properly in PDF format can still be printed and viewed in HTML.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Per Riise (X)
Per Riise (X)  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
I did try to select all clients Sep 5, 2012

Re. Lucia - I have indeed tried to select all matching clients, and I've also tried to select all on one page, export that, then move on to the next page, select all there, and so on, but every export only shows the first 25.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:45
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Issue referred to site developers Sep 6, 2012

Dear Per,

Thanks for your reply. I confirm that there is a problem with the "Export clients" option. I followed the steps you outlined and ended up with the same list of clients every time. I have referred the problem to site developers and they will correct it. I will let you know here when that is ready.

Please let me know if you need anything else in the meantime.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Rimma Grishmanovskaya (X)
Rimma Grishmanovskaya (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Russian
+ ...
Free invoices unavailable for ex-paying members Sep 29, 2012

Hi, I've been a paying Proz.vom member for years and my membership expired this month.

While being a paying member I used the invoicing function (so I didn't create them for free) and now, when I am not a paying member I can not create even 1 free invoice. Could you please sort this "discrimination"?

Thank you

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
The ProZ.com invoicing tools is a member-only tool Oct 1, 2012

Dear Rimma,

As FAQ http://www.proz.com/faq/4826#4826 explains, the invoicing tool is one of the many benefits included in ProZ.com membership. Only non-members who would like to try the tool to see how it works are given the chance to create up to five invoices for free.

Hope this explains.

Lucia

Péter Tófalvi
Péter Tófalvi  Identity Verified
Hungary
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Hungarian invoice template Oct 4, 2012

Dear proz.com Staff,

Please help me finalise the Hungarian invoice template.

1. Dates are to be provided in the ANSI format: 2012.10.04. (for today)
2. Company name: For private persons (like freelancers), the name order in HU is: Family name + first name
3. I am not sure how to deal with the VAT. In HU we have a few VAT rates to be applied, depending on busines type and goods/services provided. So, currently the VAT can be 0%, 5%, 18% and 27%. However, this
... See more
Dear proz.com Staff,

Please help me finalise the Hungarian invoice template.

1. Dates are to be provided in the ANSI format: 2012.10.04. (for today)
2. Company name: For private persons (like freelancers), the name order in HU is: Family name + first name
3. I am not sure how to deal with the VAT. In HU we have a few VAT rates to be applied, depending on busines type and goods/services provided. So, currently the VAT can be 0%, 5%, 18% and 27%. However, this may change in the future, if the legislators so decide.
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Please submit a support request with relevant details Oct 4, 2012

Dear Peter,

If you need help with completing one of your invoices, please submit a support request, http://www.proz.com/support . This way support staff can help you without disclosing private information here on the forums. Thanks!

Lucia

Peter Sass
Peter Sass
Germany
English to German
+ ...
CSV Invoice export data mess - any workaround? Oct 29, 2012

Hi there,

I love the billing feature, yet the invoice export via the CSV format does not seem to work properly. When trying to import the CSV data into common spreadsheet programs like Excel or Calc (OpenOffice), the columns get messed up, e.g. invoice dates and descriptions entered in one column etc. I've tried all the possible tweaks for data import, but none works to separate all the data in neat columns.

Since this has been noted before, is there a workaround?
... See more
Hi there,

I love the billing feature, yet the invoice export via the CSV format does not seem to work properly. When trying to import the CSV data into common spreadsheet programs like Excel or Calc (OpenOffice), the columns get messed up, e.g. invoice dates and descriptions entered in one column etc. I've tried all the possible tweaks for data import, but none works to separate all the data in neat columns.

Since this has been noted before, is there a workaround?

Unfortunately, the one mentioned by Juho Karhu here
http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom:_translator_coop/158290-announcing_invoicing_tool_updates:_payment_reminders_custom_formatting_purchase_order_number_more-page7.html#1866286
, i.e. converting the CSV to XML before importing to Excel, does not seem to work, either.
I'd be most thankful for any ideas on this!
Also, it would be helpful, if there were a feature selecting which content of the invoices to export, e.g. there's no use in exporting all the line descriptions (TM matches etc.) from the invoices if you just need the total amounts, e.g. for use with income tax calculations.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing invoicing tool updates: Payment reminders, custom formatting, purchase order number, more

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »