Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 11, 2007

1) In Firefox, if you enter the term to be searched in the Term box on the top left, pressing the Enter key on the keyboard, will not launch the search: you actually have to press the "Search" button (this works correctly in IE)

2) If you look for a two-word term (e.g., "red line"), even if you had saved as default "Match exact phrase" last time round, the first time you perform the search, the results given will match all occurrences of either "red", "line", or both". Only if you c
... See more
1) In Firefox, if you enter the term to be searched in the Term box on the top left, pressing the Enter key on the keyboard, will not launch the search: you actually have to press the "Search" button (this works correctly in IE)

2) If you look for a two-word term (e.g., "red line"), even if you had saved as default "Match exact phrase" last time round, the first time you perform the search, the results given will match all occurrences of either "red", "line", or both". Only if you click again on "save settigs and search", will the term "red line" be searched as a single string. (Note: apparently, the "Match exact phrase" checkbox retains its checkmark, but not its status, between sessions).

Tested with Firefox 2.0.6 under Windows 2000 Pro.
Collapse

Fabio Descalzi
Fabio Descalzi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 22:42
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Where is exactly the problem? Aug 11, 2007

Hi Riccardo

If I use Firefox 2.0.0.6 on Windows XP, I don't experience that problem (No. 1) - nevertheless a popup box appears stating something like "the information about to be searched will be sent through a non-ciphered connection..." That popup box disappears when I press enter once again, and the search is performed.

So, my question is: is it really a problem of ProZ itself, or rather of your software?

[Edited at 2007-08-11 03:30]

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:42
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Repeated on a different machine Aug 11, 2007

Hi Fabio,

just to make sure, I've tested the bug again on a different machine, using IE7 and Firefox 2 under XP Home.

When I enter a term in the "Term:" box on the left sidebar, then hit the enter key, under IE, the search is performed, under Firefox, nothing happens, and I have to use the mouse to click on the button.

Therefore I would say that it is definitely an issue due to the interaction between ProZ and Firefox.

If you need screenshots e
... See more
Hi Fabio,

just to make sure, I've tested the bug again on a different machine, using IE7 and Firefox 2 under XP Home.

When I enter a term in the "Term:" box on the left sidebar, then hit the enter key, under IE, the search is performed, under Firefox, nothing happens, and I have to use the mouse to click on the button.

Therefore I would say that it is definitely an issue due to the interaction between ProZ and Firefox.

If you need screenshots etc. just let me know where to upload them.

By the way, I don't get the "information will be sent through a non cyphered connection" message, but that might be due to different security settings on our machines.

Riccardo

[Edited at 2007-08-11 07:01]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ Web Term Search bugs under Firefox

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »