Real advantage in switching from mQ 2015 to mQ Pro 9?
Autor vlákna: Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Itálie
Člen (2002)
angličtina -> italština
+ ...
May 10, 2022

I have just been given my Client server license to work on memoQ pro 9.10.14, so just I switched to it from my licensed version of memoQ 2015. According to my Client, I should find my work much easier this way, but I could not notice any real advantage yet. According to your experiences, am I missing something relevant?

[Edited at 2022-05-10 12:40 GMT]

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Nizozemsko
Local time: 17:19
Člen (2006)
angličtina -> afrikánština
+ ...
Check the change logs May 10, 2022

Luca Tutino wrote:
According to my client, I should find my work much easier this way, but I could not notice any real advantage yet.

One thing you can do, is check the pages from this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.memoq.com/memoq-versions/
Some of those pages only have a download link, but others have a change log at the bottom of the page that tells you what had changed in that version series. Start by looking a version 8.0 onwards.

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Itálie
Člen (2002)
angličtina -> italština
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
But is there something really useful? May 10, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

One thing you can do, is check the pages from this search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=site:.memoq.com/memoq-versions/
Some of those pages only have a download link, but others have a change log at the bottom of the page that tells you what had changed in that version series. Start by looking a version 8.0 onwards.

Right, Samuel, that is the first thing of course. I browsed through it already, but could not identify anything with a great impact. The Client said I could synchronize pdf previews by using an add-in but, after a whole morning of following instructions together with them, that did not work either. So, I was wondering if others had more success and if I overlooked some other great improvements.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Real advantage in switching from mQ 2015 to mQ Pro 9?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »