Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:00
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
Solution Feb 1, 2012

Robert Forstag wrote:

The real point (at least as far as I'm concerned) is that the way this site operates tends to enable action at the low end of the market; that this is not some sort of unfortunate and unintended byproduct, but a deliberate strategy; and that there are absolutely no signs that this approach will change.

I guess the only solution is to move to those sites which cater to elite professionals only - the outsourcers posting there will take that into consideration and offer much higher rates.

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:00
English to German
+ ...
After 12 years... last post here was in 2012 Apr 12

Jaroslaw Michalak wrote:

Robert Forstag wrote:

The real point (at least as far as I'm concerned) is that the way this site operates tends to enable action at the low end of the market; that this is not some sort of unfortunate and unintended byproduct, but a deliberate strategy; and that there are absolutely no signs that this approach will change.

I guess the only solution is to move to those sites which cater to elite professionals only - the outsourcers posting there will take that into consideration and offer much higher rates.

Things have gotten worse. The only major difference I can observe is that there are fewer and fewer actual translation jobs on the job board. And the posters with horrible ratings are in the majority.
The good jobs are indeed somewhere else. My opinion.

[Edited at 2024-04-12 03:38 GMT]

Daryo

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pitiful-rate job offers on Proz

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »