Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Do I need to be certified to work in Canada?
Thread poster: Mohamed Mehenoun
Hélène Curtis
Hélène Curtis  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 21:11
Member (2009)
English to French
credentials Feb 16, 2010

YES Mohamed...I guess I wasn't clear in my response...you can work as an independant translator (freelancer) with an existing portfolio without a certificate...

The only time when credentials are necessary is when you are applying for a job as an in-house translator OR when you desire to work for the government. The Canadian government requires that you have at least a Masters in translation from one of the four recognized Universities here in Canada.

Hope this helps !
... See more
YES Mohamed...I guess I wasn't clear in my response...you can work as an independant translator (freelancer) with an existing portfolio without a certificate...

The only time when credentials are necessary is when you are applying for a job as an in-house translator OR when you desire to work for the government. The Canadian government requires that you have at least a Masters in translation from one of the four recognized Universities here in Canada.

Hope this helps !

Hélène
Collapse

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:11
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Feb 16, 2010

Thanks Hélène !

Hélène Curtis
Hélène Curtis  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2009)
English to French
added note to my last response... Feb 16, 2010

...and perfectly legal...:)

PAOLA COLONNESE P.
PAOLA COLONNESE P.
Canada
French to Italian
+ ...
hints Nov 17, 2017

I'm in the same situation as Mohammed. Some hints on how to prepare a good portfolio?
Paola

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do I need to be certified to work in Canada?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »