Thread poster: oxygen4u
oxygen4u
oxygen4u
Portugal
Local time: 14:06
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jul 27, 2011

Recebi este link e mais uma vez decidi partilhá-lo.

Vejam o ponto 8

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-controversial-books.php

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:06
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Como Mark Twain Jul 27, 2011

disse do livro: “Nobody can add to the absurdity of this book, nobody can imitate it successfully, and nobody can hope to produce its fellow. It is perfect.”

Uma nota de humor logo de manhã, faz bem (apesar da gravidade do problema do plágio e da usurpação...)!

Sebastian Witte
Sebastian Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:06
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
This is not that funny, actually, what is, is the English spoken by ... Jul 27, 2011

... countless native speakers.

Some examples of common usage:

"That's just the way I are"

"I never got tooken [sic!] out by a nigga" (I've never been severely wounded by an opponent, physically, who/that is the same color as me. This record obviously excludes African American police officers, I take it.)

"What the blood clot?" (untranslatable into standard English, blood clotting = coagulation)

"I don't give a what about the pl
... See more
... countless native speakers.

Some examples of common usage:

"That's just the way I are"

"I never got tooken [sic!] out by a nigga" (I've never been severely wounded by an opponent, physically, who/that is the same color as me. This record obviously excludes African American police officers, I take it.)

"What the blood clot?" (untranslatable into standard English, blood clotting = coagulation)

"I don't give a what about the place" (I just don't give a damn about the place; this could be said, for example, by an Easterner who just can't stand some place in the Pacific Northwest he has had to visit for business reasons a few times.)

"You ain't know?" (I am not a lecturer on linguistics yet as far as I know, using "ain't" to replace "didn't" (instead of using it in an effort to replace "haven't", as would be, say, closer to standard English, even if not an option here) combined with a verb in its infinitive form instead of using a participle is pretty vulgar yet done by many a native speaker)

[Edited at 2011-07-27 14:54 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-07-27 15:00 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

English as she is spoke??

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »