Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:11
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Aug 19, 2004

Thanks to Edward Potter who is visiting Maryland, we are getting together again. Whoever is interested to visit again or missed the first powwow, please come

The place and time of meeting is below (courtesy of Mr. Potter):

What: Informal get-together for translators in the D.C. area.

When: Friday, August 20 at 6:30
... See more
Thanks to Edward Potter who is visiting Maryland, we are getting together again. Whoever is interested to visit again or missed the first powwow, please come

The place and time of meeting is below (courtesy of Mr. Potter):

What: Informal get-together for translators in the D.C. area.

When: Friday, August 20 at 6:30 P.M.

Where: White Flint Mall, The Coffee Beanery (1st level) at 6:30 P.M. and then The Cheesecake Factory (1st level) around 7:30 P.M.

Metro info:
The White Flint Red Line Metro station is in Montgomery County. The station is about a quarter-mile from the White Flint Plaza shopping mall.
Last train departs: Shady Grove- 11:40 p.m. Glenmont-12:30 a.m. (Trains leave exactly 2 hours later on Friday and Saturday nights.)
Parking: $2.25 all day
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?node=entertainment/profile&id=795787

Mall web site:
http://www.shopwhiteflint.com/

Cheescake Factory description:
"...The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 48 upscale, casual dining restaurants under The Cheesecake Factory® name... Distinctive architecture, stylish décor, superior service and an extensive, innovative menu of more than 200 items with generous portions at moderate prices combine to create an overall dining experience with unparalleled value..." states company's web site.
http://www.shopwhiteflint.com/Stores/restaurant/cheesecake.htm
Collapse

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
Local time: 11:11
German to English
+ ...
Dang - why are there no last-minute, mega-cheap flights from Germany to Maryland? Aug 19, 2004

Monika Coulson wrote:

Whoever is interested to visit again or missed the first powwow, please come

Alison

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Nostalgic memories... Aug 19, 2004

Monika Coulson wrote:

in the D.C. area.

When: Friday, August 20 at 6:30 P.M.

Where: White Flint Mall, The Coffee Beanery (1st level) at 6:30 P.M. and then The Cheesecake Factory (1st level)

Hi Monika,
You're making me invoke nostalgic memories.

Cheescake Factory description:
"...The Cheesecake Factory Incorporated operates 48 upscale, casual dining restaurants under The Cheesecake Factory® name... Distinctive architecture, stylish décor, superior service and an extensive, innovative menu of more than 200 items with generous portions at moderate prices combine to create an overall dining experience with unparalleled value..." states company's web site.
http://www.shopwhiteflint.com/Stores/restaurant/cheesecake.htm[/quote]

sigh... The Cheesecake Factory was one of my favorite spots. I lived a few blocks away from it!
And
White Flint Mall was my shopping turf!

Enjoy the food and... the cheesecake!

Best wishes for a mini-powwow in a mega location with mega food!
Sandra

Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:11
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes, the powwow is on Aug 20, 2004

Sandra,

That picture is exactly where it is. Notice the Dave and Busters sign up top there. It is a great place if you like video games or just sitting down for a drink. Possibly a place to go after dinner, although they charged a cover last time I went on a weekend night a while back.

If anyone's around, come on down. The more the merrier.

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:11
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
A great place to meet Aug 20, 2004

Edward Potter wrote:
Notice the Dave and Busters sign up top there. It is a great place if you like video games or just sitting down for a drink.

Yes Edward, Dave and Busters is a great place for sitting down for a drink. Last Sunday my husband and I met there another ProZ.com member and her family from the UK and we had a great time. That was the first time we met her, even though we have known each-other for almost five years through ProZ.com. It is funny that we are going to the same area for another powwow

Sandra, thanks so much for the picture. I wish you could come too. Maybe a next time...

Monika

CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Edward and Monika.... Aug 20, 2004

I no longer live in the DC area! My friends over there have been trying to persuade me to come back...East.
But I have had it with winter storms, and the... cold!

Regards,
:)

P.S. Give us a brief report, anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mini-powwow this Friday in the DC area

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »