Lucia Messuti
Lucia Messuti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:09
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 1, 2016

Hello
I'm trying the new Wordfast 4. I have uploaded in the project an sdlxliff file (not pretranslated), I translated it, but some segments didn't coloured.

Then I saved the translated file. But the translated file was not translated (partially) and segments were not marked as translated.

The same happened also with a ttx file pretranslated.

How can I manage them?
I'd rather prefer working with WF instead of Studio. And with WF 3 I can transla
... See more
Hello
I'm trying the new Wordfast 4. I have uploaded in the project an sdlxliff file (not pretranslated), I translated it, but some segments didn't coloured.

Then I saved the translated file. But the translated file was not translated (partially) and segments were not marked as translated.

The same happened also with a ttx file pretranslated.

How can I manage them?
I'd rather prefer working with WF instead of Studio. And with WF 3 I can translate the pretranslated Studio files.

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
what color? Jul 11, 2016

Hi Lucia,

I am not quite sure I understand your question.

Have you contacted tech support? It might be easier if they can see the file.

I have seen an issue with unedited segments in a translated SDLXLIFF file not committing to the TM. I reported this to developers and use the workaround of cleaning up the file via the current project view to update my TM at the end of the job.

Please advise if this was your issue or it was something else. Than
... See more
Hi Lucia,

I am not quite sure I understand your question.

Have you contacted tech support? It might be easier if they can see the file.

I have seen an issue with unedited segments in a translated SDLXLIFF file not committing to the TM. I reported this to developers and use the workaround of cleaning up the file via the current project view to update my TM at the end of the job.

Please advise if this was your issue or it was something else. Thanks,

John
Collapse

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Colors Jul 12, 2016

Hi John,

I uploaded in WF4 the untranslated sdlxliff file, during translation segments were committed to the TM, I got fuzzy matches and so on.

Then I saved the file "Save as translated".

When I opened it in Studio, segments were not translated. Maybe I should clean up the file in WF ?

Then, I pretranslated the file with Studio, translated it in WF4 and saved it as translated. When I opened it in Studio tsegments were translated, but they didn
... See more
Hi John,

I uploaded in WF4 the untranslated sdlxliff file, during translation segments were committed to the TM, I got fuzzy matches and so on.

Then I saved the file "Save as translated".

When I opened it in Studio, segments were not translated. Maybe I should clean up the file in WF ?

Then, I pretranslated the file with Studio, translated it in WF4 and saved it as translated. When I opened it in Studio tsegments were translated, but they didn't show as translated, while this happens with WF3.

Briefly, is there a way to manage sdlxliff files NOT pretranslated?

Thanks
Lucia
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Feature request Jul 13, 2016

Hi Lucia,

This sounds like a feature request. Could you please contact tech support and provide them with files from your test case to see if this is feasible?

Thanks in advance,
John

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not pre-translated sdlxliff files Jul 15, 2016

Hi John,
briefly, I uploaded an sdlxliff file (not pretranslated in Studio) , I translated it, and all segments appeared translated, then I made "Save it as translated".

Then I opened it in Studio to check it, and it appeared it hadn't been translated and I had to re-translate all segments.

I hope I clarified it.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Lucia

Lucia Messuti
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Errata Corrige Jul 15, 2016

I managed to have a translated file in Studio after translating it with WF4.

That's great!!

Now they only feature missing (confirmed by the WF support) is having the segmetns in the Studio file marked as translated. But they confirmed a ticket has been opened.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 4 and sdlxliff files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »