Facebook's Bing translation tool is "faulty"

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Facebook's Bing translation tool is "faulty"".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Luciana F (X)
Luciana F (X)
Argentina
English to Spanish
I've read those translations... Nov 10, 2011

... and they're extremely inaccurate.
There is a facebook app (http://www.facebook.com/?sk=translations) I discovered today where anyone willing to do it can translate content.
It has it pros and cons.
The cons are that no one checks for the proficiency of the person translating content. Therefore there are some translations that have serious idea and grammar mistakes.
The p
... See more
... and they're extremely inaccurate.
There is a facebook app (http://www.facebook.com/?sk=translations) I discovered today where anyone willing to do it can translate content.
It has it pros and cons.
The cons are that no one checks for the proficiency of the person translating content. Therefore there are some translations that have serious idea and grammar mistakes.
The positive aspect is that all translations are subject to vote from the other “translators”. One can give them positive or negative votes.
In spite these positive aspects, I think facebook may better hire a group of competent translator to carry out the task.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Facebook's Bing translation tool is "faulty"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »