MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 00:50
Italian to German
+ ...
Mar 26, 2010

Hi,

I'm working with Transit XV Pro.
I have imported a file where the exclamation mark is part of a name. Obviously, I don't want the sentence to be segmented on this mark.
In the project settings, I have "segment by sentence" checked and I also set strings accordingly as requested in the interactive abbreviation dialog during the import.
The name with the "!" doesn't appear though, and adding it manually to ENU_NEG.EWL and reimporting the files doesn't work.
... See more
Hi,

I'm working with Transit XV Pro.
I have imported a file where the exclamation mark is part of a name. Obviously, I don't want the sentence to be segmented on this mark.
In the project settings, I have "segment by sentence" checked and I also set strings accordingly as requested in the interactive abbreviation dialog during the import.
The name with the "!" doesn't appear though, and adding it manually to ENU_NEG.EWL and reimporting the files doesn't work.

Of course, I could just make a simple Search/Replace in the doc prior of import, but I'd like to know for the future if specific segmentation rules can be set in Transit.

Thanks for your help!

Mike
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prevent segmentation after "!"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »