Manual or instructions for Transit Satellite 3.0 PE
Thread poster: Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
Oct 9, 2009

Would appreciate veru much help here - I am not very familiar with Transit satellite and am not able to find instructions to perform the translation with it. Any advice or website links? Starts with opening a project - I have two .rtf-files and PNX-files with the same name (XLS.pfx AND WORD. pfx) - I guess PNX is the one to be opened and worked with - I get the message that the project was opened successfully but do not see anything.

Ana Kardum
Ana Kardum  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:17
German to Croatian
+ ...
You should click the icon on the toolbar... Oct 9, 2009

The only format that the Transit Satellite can open is .pxf. Once you open the project, click the icon in the left upper corner of the software with two linked, white documents and an arrow (Open Language Pair) or go to File - Open - Language Pair, select the file (if there is more than one) and then click OK.

After the translation, you can export the project in the following way: Go to Project, click Send and save the file as .txf. Send that file back to the client.

M
... See more
The only format that the Transit Satellite can open is .pxf. Once you open the project, click the icon in the left upper corner of the software with two linked, white documents and an arrow (Open Language Pair) or go to File - Open - Language Pair, select the file (if there is more than one) and then click OK.

After the translation, you can export the project in the following way: Go to Project, click Send and save the file as .txf. Send that file back to the client.

Make sure that you save the changes as you translate. You can adjust the settings for this under Options - Profile - Settings.

There is a good .exe file (Tutorial) that helps you to start using this software. I suggest that you start with this file. If you cannot download it from their site (ftp://ftp.star-group.net/Satellite_PE/trspe.exe) or somewhere else, feel free to contact me through my profile and I will help you with that. I also have the product guide.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2009-10-09 03:02 GMT]
Collapse

Eija Teppo
Eija Teppo
Member (2008)
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Oct 9, 2009

Ana, kindest thank you for your help and expertise! I will go through the tutorial - you advice came handy. I had figured out the opening and translation itself and was just trying to figure out which are the files to be delivered.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Manual or instructions for Transit Satellite 3.0 PE

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »