Transit Satellite PE fuzzy index freezes
Thread poster: torao
Aug 28, 2009

Hi all

My Transit Satellite PE freezes. There was a similar issue on this forum and I tried that but it didn't work. I have been using Transite Satellite PE for more than 6 months and this freeze thing started about a few weeks ago. I have been using with AntiVirus and Spysweeper so that should not be a problem (although I diisabled both of them just to see if that's the case but it is not). I closed MS Outllook (some say it has some compatibility issue) but it didn't make any d
... See more
Hi all

My Transit Satellite PE freezes. There was a similar issue on this forum and I tried that but it didn't work. I have been using Transite Satellite PE for more than 6 months and this freeze thing started about a few weeks ago. I have been using with AntiVirus and Spysweeper so that should not be a problem (although I diisabled both of them just to see if that's the case but it is not). I closed MS Outllook (some say it has some compatibility issue) but it didn't make any difference. I reinstalled the Transite Satellite PE but it didin't work. I don't think I installed anything new around the time when I started having this issue so that's why I am not sure what is causing this. I have other CAT tools and applications and they all work fine. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help.

Torao
Collapse

torao
torao
TOPIC STARTER
Additional Information on Satellite freeze Aug 29, 2009

I fogot to mention on this issue. Freeze happens when I open fuzzy index (when I hit Alt+Insert). The fuzzy index box pops up but it does not process at all and freezes. I have to close both Satellite screen and fuzzy index screen as I can't do anything.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 02:20
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
make sure Aug 29, 2009

Does it freeze on the same projects it used to work before? Or only on a specific project?

Antonin

torao
torao
TOPIC STARTER
Freezes issue Aug 29, 2009

It now freezes on other projects as well, even on the ones I worked on long time ago. The client tried at their end and they say that it worked at their end.

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Any new programs installed? Aug 29, 2009

It happened to me, too, with Transit 3.0 Smart; see details here: Transit 3.0 Smart: Fuzzy window freezes. As Antonín pointed out there, the installation of firewall/antivirus/similar programs may well lead to such behavior.

Kind regards,
Attila

torao
torao
TOPIC STARTER
antivirus/firewall Aug 30, 2009

Thank you for the reply. I have two computers and both have mcafee and spy sweeper and firewall is enabled. I tried on another computer (old one that I do not use often) and it works. I can't get it work on the other (newer one) that I normally use. So I don't think firewall/antivirus is the reason. Then I don't know what is causing it. Are there any service that is running in the background that is causing this problem? Then I don't know what all the serivice names listed mean and I don... See more
Thank you for the reply. I have two computers and both have mcafee and spy sweeper and firewall is enabled. I tried on another computer (old one that I do not use often) and it works. I can't get it work on the other (newer one) that I normally use. So I don't think firewall/antivirus is the reason. Then I don't know what is causing it. Are there any service that is running in the background that is causing this problem? Then I don't know what all the serivice names listed mean and I don't want to delete any that I am sure about...Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
reboot Aug 30, 2009

It may seem trivial, but several year ago my Transit XV responded in this way to a certain situation (related to moving projects between machines, but I do not remember details).

Rebooting the machine usually enabled me to go on working. Once I did have to re-install Transit. But you obviously tried everything "normal".

What about recovering the system to a date on which you did not have the problem?

Otherwise, if you feel like spending a lot of time on it
... See more
It may seem trivial, but several year ago my Transit XV responded in this way to a certain situation (related to moving projects between machines, but I do not remember details).

Rebooting the machine usually enabled me to go on working. Once I did have to re-install Transit. But you obviously tried everything "normal".

What about recovering the system to a date on which you did not have the problem?

Otherwise, if you feel like spending a lot of time on it, you can switch off all the non-vital processes, and then add them back one by one and try to catch the culprit.

No more ideas, sorry.

Antonin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit Satellite PE fuzzy index freezes

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »