La Classe
La Classe  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:26
French to English
+ ...
Aug 25, 2009

Hello All!

Hello!

I have created a new project in transit, specified everything. But after opening that project, when I try to open a language pair, the system cannot find the .FRA file created.

Can u please tell me how to open/create a language pair in transit?

Thanks in advance.

Manohar ROSHAN

Tobias Hugener (X)
Tobias Hugener (X)
Local time: 13:56
File(s) imported? Aug 25, 2009

Hi Manohar.

I take it you’ve already configured the project settings indicating the file(s) and file type you want to translate. The next step would be to import the file(s). During the import, Transit filters the files, splits them into easy-to-manage sections and carries out a pretranslation.

If you're not sure about how to import files in Transit, may I suggest you to check the manual (chapter 4.6 Importing files).<
... See more
Hi Manohar.

I take it you’ve already configured the project settings indicating the file(s) and file type you want to translate. The next step would be to import the file(s). During the import, Transit filters the files, splits them into easy-to-manage sections and carries out a pretranslation.

If you're not sure about how to import files in Transit, may I suggest you to check the manual (chapter 4.6 Importing files).

for Transit NXT:
http://tools.telecampus.ch/Downloads/Technische%20Dokumentation/Transit%20TermStar%20NXT%20Benutzerhandbuch/tr_eng_userguide.pdf

for Transit XV:
ftp://ftp.star-group.net/doc/manual/Transit/eng/tr/userguide.pdf

Tobias

[Edited at 2009-08-25 07:08 GMT]
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Have you imported the file(s)? Aug 25, 2009

If yes, go to the project folder, and check what files you have there. It has already happened to me that the extension was mixed up; in that case fixing the extension manually was the way to go.

Kind regards,
Attila

La Classe
La Classe  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:26
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workstation version Aug 26, 2009

Hello All!

I am using workstation version, in which there are some features like export/import are not available.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Manohar ROSHAN

Tobias Hugener (X)
Tobias Hugener (X)
User role in Transit NXT? Aug 26, 2009

In your first post, you said you created a project. So you dont have Transit Satellite, do you?

Maybe you're using Transit NXT with an inappropriate user role then?

Regards,
Tobias

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star transit: Language pair

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »