Importing .xml into MultiTerm 7.0: Runtime error.
ناشر الموضوع: Rocío Cordero
Rocío Cordero
Rocío Cordero  Identity Verified
الولايات المتحدة
Local time: 01:36
أنجليزي إلى إسباني
Oct 5, 2006

Hello everyone,

After creating a termbase from an .xdt file (previously obtained from a .xls conversion) I tried to import the new entries by loading the corresponding .xml file. Everything went OK until Step 8 where the program suddenly stopped at 95% of the import process (i.e when the program reorganises the termbase). After a while the following error message appears: -Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library - Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\MultiTerm This application has
... See more
Hello everyone,

After creating a termbase from an .xdt file (previously obtained from a .xls conversion) I tried to import the new entries by loading the corresponding .xml file. Everything went OK until Step 8 where the program suddenly stopped at 95% of the import process (i.e when the program reorganises the termbase). After a while the following error message appears: -Microsoft Visual C+ + Runtime Library - Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\MultiTerm This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I tried to solve the problem by restarting the PC and uninstalling and reinstalling MultiTerm but that didn't work.

I know that this question has been answered before (http://www.proz.com/post/281026#281026) but the solution provided there does not apply to my case.

Any comments/suggestions will be welcomed!

Thanks in advance.

Rocío
Collapse

Stefan de Boeck (X)
Stefan de Boeck (X)  Identity Verified
بلجيكا
Local time: 07:36
أنجليزي إلى هولندي
+ ...
headers/labels Oct 5, 2006

Rocío Cordero wrote:
After creating a termbase from an .xdt file (previously obtained from a .xls conversion) I tried to import the new entries by loading the corresponding .xml file. Everything went OK until...

you have to take care the headers in the excel file are absolutely identical to the index field labels in the termbase def.

usually there's nothing else to it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing .xml into MultiTerm 7.0: Runtime error.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »