Thread poster: Gianfranco Zecchino
Gianfranco Zecchino
Gianfranco Zecchino  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:42
German to Italian
+ ...
Sep 20, 2006

Dear all,
I've just finished translating a long Excel file using TagEditor (build 7.0.0.615). At the end of the translation process I've realised that there are terms and TUs which I'd like to update and thought about the Replace function.
The problem is that clicking on Edit > Replace and then indicating the old and the new translation for a particular TU seems not to work. The program simply "jumps" to the next occurrance but doesn't either open the TU nor replace it.
Am I do
... See more
Dear all,
I've just finished translating a long Excel file using TagEditor (build 7.0.0.615). At the end of the translation process I've realised that there are terms and TUs which I'd like to update and thought about the Replace function.
The problem is that clicking on Edit > Replace and then indicating the old and the new translation for a particular TU seems not to work. The program simply "jumps" to the next occurrance but doesn't either open the TU nor replace it.
Am I doing anything wrong?
Thanks so much for your help!

Regards,

Gianfranco
Collapse

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Document protection Sep 20, 2006

Try turning off the document protection: Tools - Options - Protection - uncheck Protect document.

Gianfranco Zecchino
Gianfranco Zecchino  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
T H A N K Y O U ! Sep 20, 2006

Dear Hynek,

T H A N K Y O U !
The simple thought of manually replacing dozens of TUs was nearly tragic
Your suggestion helped me save a lot of time and keep the scheduled delivery - I'm in debt with you and with ProZ!

Ciao!

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
No problem Sep 20, 2006

No problem, Gianfranco.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with TagEditor's Replace function

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »