SDL Trados 7 Multiterm Convert - Error when trying to get it run...
Autor vlákna: Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 11:48
španělština -> němčina
+ ...
Jun 15, 2006

Hi everybody.

I wanted to use Multiterm Convert (part of my SDL Trados 7 package) to convert a xls glossary. Unfortunately I cannot state the version number of Multiterm Convert, because I just cannot make it run - never had this problem under 6.5.

The error message I get is:
"Trados.MultiTerm.Conversion.Host.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Die Anwendung hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht, der nicht verarbeitet werden konnte.
Prozess-
... See more
Hi everybody.

I wanted to use Multiterm Convert (part of my SDL Trados 7 package) to convert a xls glossary. Unfortunately I cannot state the version number of Multiterm Convert, because I just cannot make it run - never had this problem under 6.5.

The error message I get is:
"Trados.MultiTerm.Conversion.Host.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
Die Anwendung hat einen Ausnahmefehler verursacht, der nicht verarbeitet werden konnte.
Prozess-ID=0exef0 (3024), Thread-ID=0x534 (1332)"

Does anybody know how to work this out? Is there an error in my installation?

N.B. My MultiTerm version is 7.1.0.361
Collapse

Gaby Isabelle Gélinas (X)
Gaby Isabelle Gélinas (X)
Kanada
Local time: 05:48
angličtina -> francouzština
Same problem! Oct 14, 2006

Hello,

I have the very same problem you do, only my error message is in English, not in German.

Seeing the date of your post, I do hope someone will eventually find a solution!

I've sent a support call via SDLX Trados support site, but so far no response (I don't have paid support, so I go last - this never was a problem when Trados was not SDLX, but hey. Things change).

Isabelle

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Německo
Local time: 11:48
španělština -> němčina
+ ...
AUTOR TÉMATU
At least I am not alone with the problem. Oct 15, 2006

Hi Isabelle,

I was about to send a request to the SDL Trados team but now I will wait for the response they will give to you. (I haven't signed a support contract either.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 7 Multiterm Convert - Error when trying to get it run...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »