Trados menu disappeared
Thread poster: Toiny Van der Putte-Rademakers
Toiny Van der Putte-Rademakers
Toiny Van der Putte-Rademakers  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:13
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 9, 2006

Yesterday I had to reformat the c-partition on my hard disk. After re-installing Trados I cannot unroll the menu under the Trados man in red in the Word toolbar (with commands like 'shrink' and ' expand'). Has anyone out there any idea how this can be repaired?

I have Trados 5.5 and Word 2000, Windows XP.

Trevor Butcher
Trevor Butcher
English
Choosing a different toolbar button May 10, 2006

Hi Toiny,

On my machine there are 2 buttons, one which goes straigt to the workbench, and next to it an almost identical button that allows me to selct from a mini drop-down menu. Is this what you want?

If you right click on the area of the toolbars it should bring up the shortcut menu to select toolbars. Click the one right at the bottom (I don't know what it would be called for you, my machine is in Polish). This will bring up a special tool that will allow you to sel
... See more
Hi Toiny,

On my machine there are 2 buttons, one which goes straigt to the workbench, and next to it an almost identical button that allows me to selct from a mini drop-down menu. Is this what you want?

If you right click on the area of the toolbars it should bring up the shortcut menu to select toolbars. Click the one right at the bottom (I don't know what it would be called for you, my machine is in Polish). This will bring up a special tool that will allow you to select what buttons you want on any toolbar - you just click on one and drag it onto the toolbar you want it.

I am not a Trados user, but I hope this helps.

Trevor
Collapse

Toiny Van der Putte-Rademakers
Toiny Van der Putte-Rademakers  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you. May 11, 2006

Thank you Trevor! You are right. It is just that before re-installation it looked different.

Toiny.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados menu disappeared

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »