Renata Swigonska
Renata Swigonska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:25
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 17, 2006

Hello everybody,

I am a new user of Trados 7.1.0.719. I've got a small problem. During translation process in Word the function Set/Close Next Open/Get suddenly stops operating, current paragraph cannot be closed, and next paragraph cannot be opened. I was looking for information in Help, but I didn't find any solution. I ask more advanced Trados users for any sugesstion

Thanks in advance

Renata Ś.

Jerónimo Fernández
Jerónimo Fernández  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do you get any error message? Apr 17, 2006

Hi Renata.

Do you get any error message?

Romuald Pawlikowski
Romuald Pawlikowski  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Error message Apr 17, 2006

Jerónimo Fernández wrote:

Do you get any error message?

As you mentioned that you are a Trados beginner, here is a piece of advice on how to check error messages.

You can check error message in the status bar of Trados Workbench. When an error occurs the status bar is highlighted in brown and a white text is displayed.

Romuald

CathyFS
CathyFS  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:25
German to English
+ ...
Fix Document Apr 18, 2006

Try the Fix Document option from the Trados menu - this shold close the segment without saving it. It also brings you back up to the top of the document, which can be a bit of a pain if the doc is very big!

Just scroll back down to the problematic segment, re-open it, and save it into the TM using the Close function.

If this solution doesn't work for you and you're experiencing the problem with every segment, maybe the document is using an unusual font that isn't compat
... See more
Try the Fix Document option from the Trados menu - this shold close the segment without saving it. It also brings you back up to the top of the document, which can be a bit of a pain if the doc is very big!

Just scroll back down to the problematic segment, re-open it, and save it into the TM using the Close function.

If this solution doesn't work for you and you're experiencing the problem with every segment, maybe the document is using an unusual font that isn't compatible with your version of Word? You could ask the client for the font or possibly download it from the Internet.

If only one segment is affected, perhaps you could try copying and pasting the entire paragraph from the source document - to overwrite the one in the target document. This will elminiate any tagging errors you may be having.

I hope I've been of some help to you ...... best of luck with your doc.

Cathy
Collapse

Renata Swigonska
Renata Swigonska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apr 18, 2006

I'd like thank you cordially for your help. All of your sugesstions are very helpful for me

Renata Ś.

[Edited at 2006-04-18 19:24]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Set/Close Next Open/Get function

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »