alexandraroc (X)
alexandraroc (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:00
English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2006

Hello

I am using SDLX Lite 2005 but I am not able to open a large file there. The message says that cannot open it. Is it because it is from another version? Please, how can change that?

Thank you in advance and regards

Alexandra Rocco

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:00
English to German
+ ...
What exactly does the error message say? Feb 25, 2006

Hi Alexandra,

Could you please quote the exact error message? That might help in finding out where the problem lies.

Do you happen to know with what version of SDLX the ITD file was created? As far as I know, in SDLX Lite you can only open files that were created with SDLX Elite. ITD files that were created in SDLX Standard or Professional cannot be opened in SDLX Lite.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Claudia

alexandraroc (X)
alexandraroc (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:00
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Unable to open large file in SDLX Lite / message Feb 25, 2006

Hi Claudia

Thank you for the reply. It says that doc is not compatible with SDLX Lite. I guess I have to buy a license to start the translation with another version. my old version is not working either.

Regards

Alexandra

Claudia Digel wrote:

Hi Alexandra,

Could you please quote the exact error message? That might help in finding out where the problem lies.

Do you happen to know with what version of SDLX the ITD file was created? As far as I know, in SDLX Lite you can only open files that were created with SDLX Elite. ITD files that were created in SDLX Standard or Professional cannot be opened in SDLX Lite.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Claudia

Claudia Digel
Claudia Digel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:00
English to German
+ ...
You might be able to use the free trial version... Feb 25, 2006

Hi Alexandra,

From your answer, I assume my initial guess was correct and you do indeed need a licensed version (i.e. SDLX Standard or Professional) to open the file. However, if you have never installed SDLX 2005 Standard or Professional on your computer, you should be able to use the fully functional 30-day trial version for your current file. You can download this version from the SDL web site. Of course, you will need to find a different solution once the trial period expires...
... See more
Hi Alexandra,

From your answer, I assume my initial guess was correct and you do indeed need a licensed version (i.e. SDLX Standard or Professional) to open the file. However, if you have never installed SDLX 2005 Standard or Professional on your computer, you should be able to use the fully functional 30-day trial version for your current file. You can download this version from the SDL web site. Of course, you will need to find a different solution once the trial period expires...

Regards,
Claudia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open large file in SDLX Lite

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »