expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 17:28
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 20, 2022

Hi everyone,

I have a client who has moved from Trados GroupShare to the Cloud and has now started sending me projects this way. I work with Trados Studio 2021.
Whenever I try to open the project/file via the "Open in Studio" option, the following error appears:

Capturar

Anyone who can help me solve this?
I've been logging into Trados Live with my credentials, but I've tried with the client's and I get the same error.

However, I found this resolution, but it doesn't seem to apply to my problem:

https://gateway.sdl.com/apex/communityknowledge?articleName=000007601

Many thanks!

Sandra

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:28
English to Russian
RWS Community Oct 21, 2022

Hi Sandra,
I don't use this product but I think you'd better resort to RWS Community. Most probably you have seen this thread but just in case. They did not give any specific advice on that but opened a ticket. Try to do the same.

[Edited at 2022-10
... See more
Hi Sandra,
I don't use this product but I think you'd better resort to RWS Community. Most probably you have seen this thread but just in case. They did not give any specific advice on that but opened a ticket. Try to do the same.

[Edited at 2022-10-21 14:17 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! Oct 21, 2022

Stepan Konev wrote:

Hi Sandra,
I don't use this product but I think you'd better resort to RWS Community. Most probably you have seen this thread but just in case. They did not give any specific advice on that but opened a ticket. Try to do the sameю

Hi Stepan,
I hope you're doing well!
Many thanks. I skipped that thread. I was going to ask for help to RWS Comunity, but first I wanted to try it here because I was hoping that you or any other cool colleagues could give me a hand.
I am going to do that, and if the solution is provided to me, I will come here again.
Have a good day!
Sandra

Stepan Konev

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other user with a similar problem Oct 22, 2022

I have sent my question to the RWS Community, and I found other user with a similar problem:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/general/17615/error-processing-command-line-arguments

I tried to reset Trados Studio to default settings by renaming it
... See more
I have sent my question to the RWS Community, and I found other user with a similar problem:

https://community.rws.com/product-groups/trados-portfolio/trados-studio/f/general/17615/error-processing-command-line-arguments

I tried to reset Trados Studio to default settings by renaming its folders, and I got the same error message.

The client is putting projects on hold because of this and I still don't have any reply from the RWS Community.

[Edited at 2022-10-22 11:08 GMT]
Collapse

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Strange things happen Oct 22, 2022

Sometimes, with Trados 2021, I think I am living an episode of X-Files...
Out of the blue, after I clicked on "Open in Studio" I got that same message, but I can see the file in Trados Studio that my client sent me via Trados Live.
I only noticed this after I posted my previous message here.
Anyway, I would still like to see this error message removed.

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message when trying to open a project/package with Trados Live/Cloud

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »