Termbases in GroupShare projects
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Aug 31, 2022

I guess that it is not possible for external translators to download any Termbases in GroupShare projects?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
What Aug 31, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:
I guess that it is not possible for external translators to download any Termbases in GroupShare projects?

What do you mean by "external translators"?

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Freelancers Aug 31, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hans Lenting wrote:

Freelance subcontractors that don't have access to the client's server.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 21:38
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
I don't Aug 31, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:
Samuel Murray wrote:
Hans Lenting wrote:

Freelance subcontractors that don't have [complete] access to the client's server.

No, but I don't think any translator who works on a GroupShare project can ever download either the TM or the termbase. So even if you have the login details to log into the GroupShare server, you still can't download those resources. Matches from those resources appear live in Trados while you work in Trados (if you're connected to the internet while you translate).

Note: I'm not an expert at GroupShare, so I may have a blind spot.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbases in GroupShare projects

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »