How do I get back the normal Studio 2021 display (Reset windows layout doesn't help)?
Auteur du fil: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 14:15
Membre (2009)
anglais vers suédois
+ ...
Sep 20, 2021

How do I get back the normal Studio 2021 display (Reset windows layout doesn't help)?

I tried to capture a screenshoot and something happened so that I have a big display of the files (the right-most part is gone, only this big display is visible). Didn't help to reset the windows display and restart Studio either.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Pays-Bas
Membre (2006)
anglais vers afrikaans
+ ...
@Fredrik Sep 20, 2021

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
Something happened so that I have a big display of the files (the right-most part is gone, only this big display is visible).

Sounds like your navigation pane got folded in or got reduced in size. See this animation:
Animation

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Membre (2009)
anglais vers suédois
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
The navigation pane is still there Sep 20, 2021

The left-most part is still there and I have that left-pointing arrow there so I can minimize and expand the navigation pane. It's the right-most part that something happened to. I have the Name, Words, File Status, Progress, Size, Usage, File Type Identifier, Path, Cloud Task, Due date, Assigned To displayed in a big big window to the right of the navigation pane, heading is Files, from top to bottom, only this big display. There is a scroll bar furthest down so that I can scroll side-wards in ... See more
The left-most part is still there and I have that left-pointing arrow there so I can minimize and expand the navigation pane. It's the right-most part that something happened to. I have the Name, Words, File Status, Progress, Size, Usage, File Type Identifier, Path, Cloud Task, Due date, Assigned To displayed in a big big window to the right of the navigation pane, heading is Files, from top to bottom, only this big display. There is a scroll bar furthest down so that I can scroll side-wards in this big window display. I have this big display for Projects view also.Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russie
Local time: 15:15
anglais vers russe
Share a screenshot at https://imgbb.com/ Sep 20, 2021

What you describe is that you just moved to the Files view. Is that the problem? If yes, click 'Editor' two lines under the 'Files'. If no, share a screenshot please.

Stepan Konev
Russie
anglais vers russe
Ah! Full screen mode probably Sep 20, 2021

Try pressing F11. Then Reset window layout.
If you ribbon is not seen, also click the Ribbon display options in the upper right corner.
2021-09-20_160715

[Edited at 2021-09-20 13:11 GMT]

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Membre (2009)
anglais vers suédois
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Ribbon display options Sep 20, 2021

I think it's back to normal now after I changed in the ribbon display options to Show tabs and commands. Then I pinned the views for File Details, Analysis Statistics etc. as I don't like they disappearing and appearing upon mouse hovering, I want them there at all times. Just one thing: The pane with Notifications, Useful tips etc. to the right, it is minimized now. How do I keep it displayed?

Stepan Konev
Russie
anglais vers russe
F11 Sep 20, 2021

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:
How do I keep it displayed?
Press F11. When you tried to take a screenshot, you pressed F11 by mistake. It enables and disables a full screen mode in Studio.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »