How to uninstall Trados 6.0 (after upgrade to 6.5)
Thread poster: Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason
Kirsty Mason  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:40
German to English
Dec 5, 2003

I have recently upgraded from Trados 6.0 to 6.5 (FL) and do not know how to deinstall version 6.0.
There is no 'uninstall' option in the program files in Explorer, and otherwise I am at a bit of a loss. I'm sure it must be simple, but please can someone help me out in my ignornace?
Thanks for any responses.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:40
English to German
+ ...
Which OS, and why deinstall? Dec 5, 2003

Hi Kirsty,
Trados applications can usually be deinstalled using the Software option in your system settings. Unfortunately, you did not specify which operating system you're using, so I can't be more specific.

Having said that, why would you want to deinstall T6.0?

Best regards, Ralf

Kirsty Mason
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Windows XP Dec 5, 2003

Hi Ralf, thanks for the reply, I run Windows XP.

Having said that, why would you want to deinstall T6.0?
--- sorry, did I not mention, I have just upgraded to 6.5 (which in installation recommends that you remove v6.0). Seeing as I already run another earlier version for reasons of compatibilty with a particular client, having 3 versions installed seems a bit unnecessary and is getting mighty confusing.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Settings Dec 5, 2003

Hi Kirsty,
Hi Ralf, thanks for the reply, I run Windows XP.

Should be similar to Win2k (which I'm using): Start - Settings - Systems Settings; IIRC the icon is called "Add/Remove Programs" on English systems.

HTH, Ralf

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Start - Control Panels - Add or Remove Programs Dec 5, 2003

In Windows XP, click: Start - Control Panels - Add or Remove Programs

In older versions of Windows, click: Start -Settings - Control Panels - Add or Remove Programs (I hope I remember it correctly)

In the list of programs, select the program you want to uninstall and click Remove. But, in your case, I am not sure if you shouldn't have uninstalled 6.0 *before* installing 6.5. This should be explained in the documentation (perhaps ReadMe file).

Kirsty Mason
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 5, 2003

Thanks Ralf and Hynek, I have found it now.

Just off to read up on how to use my own operating system, followed by Trados installation documentation..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to uninstall Trados 6.0 (after upgrade to 6.5)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »