Thread poster: Leslei Morgan
Leslei Morgan
Leslei Morgan
Local time: 10:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
May 16, 2009

Hi There,

Could I suggest for us to start a Forum about rates?
I would be grateful if you could reply in the following manner.

Rate Type: Proofreading
Rate Currency: US$
Media: TV
Rate: U$1.00 per minute of the total reel lenght

Many thnxs

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:51
English to Russian
+ ...
TV/movie subtitles proofing rate.. May 16, 2009

.. the way I use it is based my per hour (or per word, if some agencies insist) proofing rate. Obviously, it is different for different language pairs - that is the reason why I would not share my rate.

Take the per minute rate offered by the client and make the necessary calculations to see how well it matches your regular per hour proofing rate. As regards per word proofing rate in lots of cases I applied it as half of translation per word rate.

Good luck

[Edi
... See more
.. the way I use it is based my per hour (or per word, if some agencies insist) proofing rate. Obviously, it is different for different language pairs - that is the reason why I would not share my rate.

Take the per minute rate offered by the client and make the necessary calculations to see how well it matches your regular per hour proofing rate. As regards per word proofing rate in lots of cases I applied it as half of translation per word rate.

Good luck

[Edited at 2009-05-16 20:14 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TV/Film Proofing RATES

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »