Babylon poor customer service response
Autor de la hebra: Michael
Michael
Michael
francés al inglés
+ ...
Mar 28, 2011

I wanted to know if anyone else is having bad customer service from Babylon Software.
I like a few others have spent close to $300 dollars and one of my computers that I had to reformat twice now I get message from Babylon that there is a License Overuse. A few weeks later I get a message program is EXPIRED. I sent them e-mails and no response. I call there phones in Israel at 10:00 am and 11:00 am Israel time and no answer just a machine. That wants you to speak Hebrew, and the Engli
... See more
I wanted to know if anyone else is having bad customer service from Babylon Software.
I like a few others have spent close to $300 dollars and one of my computers that I had to reformat twice now I get message from Babylon that there is a License Overuse. A few weeks later I get a message program is EXPIRED. I sent them e-mails and no response. I call there phones in Israel at 10:00 am and 11:00 am Israel time and no answer just a machine. That wants you to speak Hebrew, and the English says dial 123 for customer support on the dial pad and when I do that it disconnects each time.

I googled them and shareholders are Amnon Ovadia, Noam Lanir, and Elsevier Reed of the Netherlands. On Israel Business there is a comment that Noam Lanir has been offered but negotiations have not started on an interest in purchasing from a foreign private equity fund.
I can't imagine who would want to buy a company with poor customer service support.

Somehow this company in spite of my telling them not to, sold me 4 Babylon8 back up CDs.
In November of 2010 when I considered purchasing Italian, Dutch, and German dictionaries,
I clearly told the sales person in fluent Hebrew I do not want another Babylon8 backup CD.
Needless to say he paid no attention and added it on the invoice why they would do that
knowing full well that in the early part of 2011 they would have Babylon 9 I do not know.
The programs were not what I was told on the phone as full dictionaries they were short pocket versions and I thus canceled the order.

My message on the screen tells me that for another $9.70 I can get the upgrade to Babylon 9 but at this time I don't want to continue purchasing and I did not sign up to forever pay them each upgrade, not to mention I feel the Extended Licenses were thus useless since everytime I put in the license for the one computer that I paid $128 and extra $$$ refuses to recognize the license that I have on file.

At this time if it works on my laptop I don't know. I feel I have been scammed and I certainly hope that the US Consumer Protection Agency hurries and opens up to protect us consumers from these problems.

Thanks to all

***I want to inform all that I think my phone call to Elsevier Reed in the Netherlands worked they sent my contact info to Elsevier Reed Ventures who is the entity that invests in Israel and they contacted Babylon and told them to call me. A gentleman by the Name of Joel called me today was very polite did not try to sell me upgrades, and he e-mailed me a new license and it is now working. He said to me but I do not want to test it yet, that if I want to use the license on another computer I have to first remove Babylon completely from the other computer before I install it on the new one something no prior staff at Babylon ever told me before. I am glad that Elsevier Reed who has a very good reputation helped me out on this, and was done within 12 hours.

P.S. The only thing I do find a bit strange, perhaps others might also is when I had a Babylon salesman call me once the call as well as the calls that came from from Joel today never show their phone number, it is always "unknown caller" or "restricted" I am not sure what program they use to make outside calls. I know that I personally do not always answer calls that show restricted for fear of telemarketers.

Michael Reis

[Edited at 2011-03-28 09:48 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-03-28 16:23 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-03-28 16:35 GMT]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Polonia
Local time: 16:33
Miembro 2002
inglés al ruso
+ ...

Moderador de este foro
LOCALIZADOR DEL SITIO
Hi Michael Mar 28, 2011

You may want to check a rather long thread here:
http://www.proz.com/topic/122294

Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Babylon poor customer service response

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »