Thread poster: Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 05:15
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Mar 2, 2020

Dear ProZ.com community,

A scammer pretending to represent the translation agency "OrdenTop" has been reported to site staff.

The Blue Board record for the legitimate organization is at https://www.proz.com/blueboard/50848 and their legitimate domain is @ordentop.com.
... See more
Dear ProZ.com community,

A scammer pretending to represent the translation agency "OrdenTop" has been reported to site staff.

The Blue Board record for the legitimate organization is at https://www.proz.com/blueboard/50848 and their legitimate domain is @ordentop.com.

The scammer uses email addresses [email protected] and [email protected]. Please note that the spelling is different, and the company does not use free email addresses.

Find the full registry of ProZ.com scam alert reports here:
http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Vadim Kadyrov
expressisverbis

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Marion RIHANI
Marion RIHANI  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:15
English to French
Still active in September 2023 : Victoria pretending to work for Ordentop Sep 29, 2023

The scammer has even created a website.

The name in the fraudulent email is:

[email protected]
www.ordentop.com

Please beware!

expressisverbis

Giovanne Baracho
Giovanne Baracho  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:15
English to Portuguese
+ ...
So @ordentop.com domain is not legit? Sep 29, 2023

I got contacted By Aleksandra and later by Nicolay with the @ordentop.com domain. How could I tell if they are scammers?

expressisverbis

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:15
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Are you sure? Sep 29, 2023

Marion RIHANI wrote:
The scammer has even created a website.
The name in the fraudulent email is:
[email protected]
www.ordentop.com
Please beware!

I think you're mistaken.
Frankly, this just confuses the situation further.
Here is the note attached to the Blue Board entry by staff:

"The emails [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], etc. belong to a scammer and should be blocked and reported as spam. Please note the different spelling."

"[email protected]" would not get to the scammer because the domain is correct and the scammer has no access to the ordentop.com email server (unless they have successfully hacked it, which is probably requires more expertise than most spammers possess).

On the other hand, the ordenntop.com domain (note the spelling ordeNNtop.com - two occurrences of the letter "n"!) is not genuine. No website exists at that address, but the scammer has presumably set up a server to receive @ordenntop.com email addresses. They rely on victims not looking closely at the domain name.

And finally, it is hard to sympathise with anybody foolish enough to fall for an offer from a company using a gmail address like "[email protected]" instead of a corporate domain.

Regards,
Dan

expressisverbis
Yasutomo Kanazawa
P.L.F. Persio
Marlize Fiori

Yasutomo Kanazawa
Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 17:15
Member (2005)
English to Japanese
+ ...
How very original Sep 30, 2023

Dan Lucas wrote:

"[email protected]" would not get to the scammer because the domain is correct and the scammer has no access to the ordentop.com email server (unless they have successfully hacked it, which is probably requires more expertise than most spammers possess).

On the other hand, the ordenntop.com domain (note the spelling ordeNNtop.com - two occurrences of the letter "n"!) is not genuine. No website exists at that address, but the scammer has presumably set up a server to receive @ordenntop.com email addresses. They rely on victims not looking closely at the domain name.

And finally, it is hard to sympathise with anybody foolish enough to fall for an offer from a company using a gmail address like "[email protected]" instead of a corporate domain.

Regards,
Dan

Typical scammer tactics. Similar to the phishing "amazoon.com" domain.

Dan Lucas
expressisverbis

Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:15
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
spoofing Oct 4, 2023

Sender address can be spoofed - it looks like from a legit sender but it was forged.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_spoofing

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 09:15
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Well done! Oct 4, 2023

I see my post was deleted because of rule 8.
I haven't posted any positive or negative comment. I just posted the email I received and said it was very suspicious.
Besides, the name of the legit agency was disclosed firstly by a staff member, with the exception that the fraudsters are using a double "n" in their email address and a gmail address.
It seems that warning colleagues about nasty people who use legit agencies for identity theft or other tricky purposes is not allowe
... See more
I see my post was deleted because of rule 8.
I haven't posted any positive or negative comment. I just posted the email I received and said it was very suspicious.
Besides, the name of the legit agency was disclosed firstly by a staff member, with the exception that the fraudsters are using a double "n" in their email address and a gmail address.
It seems that warning colleagues about nasty people who use legit agencies for identity theft or other tricky purposes is not allowed.
By posting that email, who knows if the real agency could say something about it on this post and clarify any confusion?
Well done!
This will be the last time I post anything about people who pretend to be someone they aren't, steal and use the identity of genuine agencies for scamming.
Anyway, I'll probably stop participating in these forums...

PS: By the way... I haven't been notified on this post removal, as well as I still don't get any notifications from Kudoz such as agrees, discussions, certain questions, etc.
Collapse

Barbara Carrara
writeaway
Michele Fauble
Daniel Olsson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer pretending to represent "OrdenTop"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »