Possible scam from an Italian translation agency
Thread poster: Bogdan Dusa
frenchie4ever
frenchie4ever
Local time: 01:32
Definitely a FRAUD! Apr 3, 2013

Hi everyone!

Yes this Tom Orlando "got me".

He sent me an email a week ago (don't really remember how he got my info since I apply and/or send my resume everywhere I can...) saying how sorry he was for his late answer, but that he would need my services for an urgent French translation: 14 pages at a rate of 20€/page.
He sent me the first part and told me he would send me the second part once I was done with that one.

I started to work immediately,
... See more
Hi everyone!

Yes this Tom Orlando "got me".

He sent me an email a week ago (don't really remember how he got my info since I apply and/or send my resume everywhere I can...) saying how sorry he was for his late answer, but that he would need my services for an urgent French translation: 14 pages at a rate of 20€/page.
He sent me the first part and told me he would send me the second part once I was done with that one.

I started to work immediately, then wrote him to send me the second part along with a PO, before I could send him the work I had done. NO NEWS!!!
I tried to reach him 2 more times: NOTHING.

An hour ago, I received an email from him, stating how sorry he was for his late answer but he needed my services for a project (a new one, never did he mention the one he gave me a week ago...)

I just answered him that since I spent a whole night working for nothing, I had to require him to pay me in advance, and to send me all his information.

Obviously, I am not expecting any response from him, but I am glad this thread is up (should have checked it earlier), and happy to make this SCAM known.

There is no DIAMOND TRANSLATION, and NO TOM ORLANDO!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible scam from an Italian translation agency

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »