How do I inactivate that segments are displayed with light-blue background upon mouse hovering?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 08:47
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Dec 23, 2023

How do I inactivate that segments are displayed with light-blue background upon mouse hovering?

It's really annoying and seems to be something new in the latest version of Phrase. It just diverts my focus from the segment I am currently working on.

So each time I move the mouse cursor, the background shifts to a light-blue colour for the segments that the mouse cursor is hovered over AND the editing mode for the current segment I was working on is cancelled! The normal
... See more

It's really annoying and seems to be something new in the latest version of Phrase. It just diverts my focus from the segment I am currently working on.

So each time I move the mouse cursor, the background shifts to a light-blue colour for the segments that the mouse cursor is hovered over AND the editing mode for the current segment I was working on is cancelled! The normal is that if you are typing text in a segment to edit it, in order to move to another segment you need to first move the cursor to another segment, then click in this new segment in order to activate the editing mode (the cursor flashes in the segment so that you can enter text in it). Now in my Phrase, instead, as soon as I only move the mouse cursor out of the active segment that active segment immediately becomes inactive! And I need to move the cursor back to this segment and click in it in order to activate it again.

I discovered now that it's not just annoying but completely counter-productive - if I am editing a segment, then accidentially move the mouse cursor to another segment, then the current segment I am editing becomes inactive! So I then need to click in this segment I was working on to be able to continue my editing of it.

[Edited at 2023-12-23 14:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2023-12-24 07:07 GMT]

A second really counter-productive feature of new Phrase is that once I've reached the end of the page in the editor view, Phrase automatically updates the page so that suddenly I get lost as to which segment I was working on. In the old Phrase and Memsource, the page kept the same view of the segments also when reaching the end of the page - only when I from the segment in the end of the page manually moves to next segment on the next page, then Phrase/Memsource scrolled just one more row down without completely changing the page view by updating the page.

[Edited at 2023-12-24 08:36 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:47
English to Russian
Web or desktop? Dec 24, 2023

I have the latest version of Phrase (23.54.1) and it does not highlight anything when hovering over a segment. By the way are you talking about the web or desktop editor?

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 08:47
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's the desktop editor Dec 25, 2023

It's the desktop editor that I installed on my laptop.

I am almost certain that this really big problem did not occur when I started this project. Because I cannot remember that I complained about anything with Phrase until the later part of the project. And at that time, it felt like a really big problem - just accidentially move the mouse cursor outside the active segment and whoops, I need to move the cursor back and click in the segment to make it active again.

I ha
... See more
It's the desktop editor that I installed on my laptop.

I am almost certain that this really big problem did not occur when I started this project. Because I cannot remember that I complained about anything with Phrase until the later part of the project. And at that time, it felt like a really big problem - just accidentially move the mouse cursor outside the active segment and whoops, I need to move the cursor back and click in the segment to make it active again.

I have a relatively new Acer gaming laptop (Nitro 5), still with Windows 10. Could it be any key combination that I have pressed so that it's not Phrase that is causing this but my laptop?
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »