Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:57
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 26, 2021

Hi
I have finished a longish job (8000+ segments) and want to have a final TM where only the most recent entries are stored.
How can I do this?
With Cafetran I have the option to save the open final file as TMX file.
With Memsource?

TIA
Wolfgang

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:57
Danish to English
+ ...
Other CAT tool Nov 26, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Hi
I have finished a longish job (8000+ segments) and want to have a final TM where only the most recent entries are stored.
How can I do this?
With Memsource?

TIA
Wolfgang

Open the MXLIFF file in another CAT tool (Trados, memoQ …) and confirm the segments to a TM of your choice.

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Other CAT tool Nov 26, 2021

Thomas T. Frost wrote:

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Hi
How can I do this?
With Memsource?

TIA
Wolfgang

Open the MXLIFF file in another CAT tool (Trados, memoQ …) and confirm the segments to a TM of your choice.

Thanks Thomas.
Looks like Memsource is still a bit crippled.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 12:57
Danish to English
+ ...
Closed environment Nov 26, 2021

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:

Looks like Memsource is still a bit crippled.

It's a closed environment with limited functionality, but if you pay them a licence fee, you can get some more functionality, notably in relation to TMs and TBs. I prefer just to use memoQ for some of the Memsource files, and proper Memsource support is being looked into by memoQ.

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:57
English to Russian
In which way is it crippled? Nov 27, 2021

Opening a xliff and confirming all doesn’t take longer than importing a tmx. File extension is the only thing that differs.
If you pay for Memsource as you do for Cafetran, then you can easily download a tmx file.
55220137-CC49-4F1B-9F5A-E59D35494E91
I can’t check it at the moment, but probably this feature is available even with free functionality. Not sure though.

[Edited at 2021-11-27 07:57 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I do have a subscription Nov 27, 2021

Stepan Konev wrote:

Opening a xliff and confirming all doesn’t take longer than importing a tmx. File extension is the only thing that differs.
If you pay for Memsource as you do for Cafetran, then you can easily download a tmx file.

I can’t check it at the moment, but probably this feature is available even with free functionality. Not sure though.

Thanks Stepan, appreciated as always.
I do have a subscription to Memsource but wasn't sure that the TMX I can download is created from the translated final files and is not the TMX I used throughout the project which is full of crap.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Finished translation and final TM

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »