URGENT! How do I make just 2 pages of a set horizontal view?
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 4, 2006

Hi

I hope someone's around to help me:-)

I have 30 or so pages, the first 20 are horizontal, the last 10 are vertical, but I want to insert 2 horizontal view pages at the end (i.e. keeping the vertivcal view of the 10 pages. I only manage to switch all to horizontal, which is disastrous:-(

Word 200 Office XP

Ailish

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Dutch to English
+ ...
You need to work in sections Jul 4, 2006

I hope I understand the question.

You need to divide your 30 pages into 3 sections and define each section differently using Page Setup (under File in Word):
Once you are in Page Setup, select Margins and select Landscape for the first section and under Apply to select This point forward. Go to the second section and again select Page Setup from File and Margins followed by Potrait applied to This point forward. Go to your last section and do the same but again with Landscape.
... See more
I hope I understand the question.

You need to divide your 30 pages into 3 sections and define each section differently using Page Setup (under File in Word):
Once you are in Page Setup, select Margins and select Landscape for the first section and under Apply to select This point forward. Go to the second section and again select Page Setup from File and Margins followed by Potrait applied to This point forward. Go to your last section and do the same but again with Landscape.

Is this what you were looking for?
Collapse

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:23
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
page setup Jul 4, 2006

Lia Fail wrote:
I have 30 or so pages, the first 20 are horizontal, the last 10 are vertical, but I want to insert 2 horizontal view pages at the end (i.e. keeping the vertivcal view of the 10 pages. I only manage to switch all to horizontal, which is disastrous:-(

If I understand your question correctly...
Insert the 2 pages, then put your cursor at the beginning of the 1st of the 2 pages, go to Page Setup, chose Orientation - Landscape, and below that choose Preview -Apply to: This point forward.

Maria

John Jory
John Jory  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Reasonably easy Jul 4, 2006

I only have the German Word version, so you'll have to 'interpret' the following instructions.
Place your cursor at the end of the last vertical page (Ctrl + End).
In the Word toolbar there should be an 'Insert' button. Click it, and the top line of the drop down menu says something like "Manual change".
This opens another menu box, in which the lower set of radio buttons has a heading something like "Change section".
Activate the radio button named "Next page" (or simila
... See more
I only have the German Word version, so you'll have to 'interpret' the following instructions.
Place your cursor at the end of the last vertical page (Ctrl + End).
In the Word toolbar there should be an 'Insert' button. Click it, and the top line of the drop down menu says something like "Manual change".
This opens another menu box, in which the lower set of radio buttons has a heading something like "Change section".
Activate the radio button named "Next page" (or similar).
You now have a new empty page below your previous last page.
With the cursor in the new page, click on "File" at top left in the toolbar, and select the function "Page setup". Now you can define the format of the new page without affecting the previous pages.

Have fun
Collapse

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:23
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I have Word 2000 English version Jul 4, 2006

Use Page Setup/Paper Size/Landscape to start the document.
To change to Portrait (vertical), the menu sequence is:
Insert > Break > Section break type: next page. Enter.
This takes you to a new page: use Page Setup/Paper Size/Portrait to set the new section to Portrait (vertical). At the end of the vertical pages, repeat the above, setting the next page to Landscape.
and so ad infinitum, for as many changes between Portrait and Landscape as you want for the document.

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks a million:-) Jul 5, 2006

to all of you, yes, you understood my question, and I solved the problem, I now have a perfect set of horizontal and vertical pages:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT! How do I make just 2 pages of a set horizontal view?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »