Thread poster: urst
urst
urst  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:08
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

Hi, I'm working with Excel 2002, Windows XP and I do have an excel file where the first line is 'locked' in place, meaning that it doesn't scroll away, when I scroll down the document. This I found very convenient and I would like to use it for my own lists and things - but I haven't been able to find the gimmick to activate this function. I am sure this is an easy thing to do, I hope, but I am not really Excellent.) Thank you so much

Gildas Gouardos
Gildas Gouardos  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Select row below the row - go to Window > Unfreeze Panes Jan 14, 2005

Hi,

Here is how I usually proceed:

If you want to 'lock' the row 100, select the first cell just below it (in row 101), go to Window > Unfreeze Panes.
Hope this helps

G.

Csaba Ban
Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
with a little correction Jan 14, 2005

When you lock rows or columns, you "Freeze" the panes, when you release this locking, you "unfreeze" them.

To freeze a row or several rows, select the first row that you would like to have scrollable.
To freeze a column or several columns, select the first column that you would like to have scrollable.
You may also freeze one or several rows AND columns. In this case select the first cell (E.g. C3, if you need to fixed rows and two fixed columns).

After se
... See more
When you lock rows or columns, you "Freeze" the panes, when you release this locking, you "unfreeze" them.

To freeze a row or several rows, select the first row that you would like to have scrollable.
To freeze a column or several columns, select the first column that you would like to have scrollable.
You may also freeze one or several rows AND columns. In this case select the first cell (E.g. C3, if you need to fixed rows and two fixed columns).

After selection: Window - Freeze Panes
Collapse

urst
urst  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, great! That's what I was looking for. Thanks Jan 15, 2005

a lot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I lock a line in Excel?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »