Word Track Changes - Urgent
Thread poster: RosaT
RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:30
Aug 13, 2004

Colleagues,

In Word, does anybody know if there is a way to extract all track changes (from merged documents), in order to have them all together in a list or another document?

Any help will be very much appreciated!

Many thanks in advance.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
Print changes... Aug 13, 2004

RosaT wrote:

In Word, does anybody know if there is a way to extract all track changes (from merged documents), in order to have them all together in a list or another document?

RosaT,

Try to Print it:
When choosing what to print, choose the "List of changes" and how to print - "print to file".

You should get a list of all changes made.

[Edited at 2004-08-13 10:53]

RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
TOPIC STARTER
Can't find the option Aug 13, 2004

Hello Nash,

Many thanks for your quick reply!

However, I am afraid I can't find the "list of changes" option you mention, though. I guess you are referring to a drop-down list in the Print window, where you can choose Document, Comments, Summary, Styles, etc? I am using Word 2000.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Look under 'Print' Aug 13, 2004

Go to File > Print, look for an option 'list' in the dropdown menu in the lower left corner. Don't forget to check the 'print to file' box (you will be prompted for a filename.

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
Word 2002 Aug 13, 2004

RosaT wrote:

Hello Nash,

Many thanks for your quick reply!

However, I am afraid I can\'t find the \"list of changes\" option you mention, though. I guess you are referring to a drop-down list in the Print window, where you can choose Document, Comments, Summary, Styles, etc? I am using Word 2000.

Yes, it's Print window and Print drop-down list of options... It consists of the following in my Word: Document, Comments, Document with changes, List of changes, Styles, Autotext elements.
I use Word 2002/XP, so may be you don't have this option... but I think it should be there...
One more thing: the English names for options may not be correct as I use Russian version and I just translated how I think they should be named, though it can't be a problem, I think.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word Track Changes - Urgent

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »