tools track changes in word 2002
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 12:47
English to German
+ ...
Aug 6, 2004

Hi! I am facinig difficulty with a document, as my customer uses special colors set for track and track changes in Word 2000, I can´t seem to find this facility in word 2002 German edition. Shall appreciate all help, as it is very urgent
Thank you in advance
Brandis

Robert Zawadzki (X)
Robert Zawadzki (X)  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Tools/Trace changes Ctrl-Shift-E Aug 6, 2004

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I didn´t mean this Aug 6, 2004

rzawadzk wrote:

Hi! Thank you for the help. But I didn´t mean this. I meant there is some place in the Menu or tool-bar where the text colors can be set. Because my client uses specific colors to reflect specific nature of the text content, I need to reset my word, German edition accordingly.Like Trackchanges in colors, example underline = red, teleted text as blue, changegd formatting as black etc., I still cannot find this in Word 2002.
Rgds,
Brandis

Surtees
Surtees
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tools --> Track Changes --> Options Aug 6, 2004

Apologies if the terms I use aren't exactly right - my Windows interface is in Spanish - but I think you'll get the idea.

In Word, go to 'Tools' --> Track Changes --> Highlight Changes --> Options (rightmost button in the dialogue box. A new dialogue box opens, in which you can select the colours used to mark deleted/added/modified text, etc.

Hope that was what you meant.

Subhamay Ray (X)
Subhamay Ray (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:17
English to Bengali
+ ...
Tools>Options>Track Changes>Colour Aug 6, 2004

That is how I got to it although I have no idea if it is the same with the German edition. I have Word 2002. Hope this helps.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Moving the thread Aug 6, 2004

to the Office Applications forum

Stefan Keller
Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Really? Aug 6, 2004

Brandis wrote:

Because my client uses specific colors to reflect specific nature of the text content, I need to reset my word, German edition accordingly.

Aren't these settings saved within the application rather than in the individual file? In other words: Shouldn't your client always see his color settings, no matter what settings you use at your end? (And the other way round...)

Regards,
Stefan

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no he doesn´t Aug 6, 2004

Stefan Keller wrote:

Brandis wrote:

Because my client uses specific colors to reflect specific nature of the text content, I need to reset my word, German edition accordingly.

Aren't these settings saved within the application rather than in the individual file? In other words: Shouldn't your client always see his color settings, no matter what settings you use at your end? (And the other way round...)

Regards,
Stefan
Client sees blue, which means to be deleted, and red means to be processed, whereas I see red to be deleted and blue to be processed.The big trouble begins, interacting hours together via internet chat, could mean that my client is simultaneously working with me and training his local group to international understanding. For him Blue neglected is to be deleted, in my system blue neglected means make invisible, with a view that the document is finally maintained on a server, and the neglected text may be called upon as per choice.
Rgds,
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tools track changes in word 2002

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »