Powerpoint File Language Selection?
Autor vlákna: CarolynB
CarolynB
CarolynB
portugalština -> angličtina
+ ...
Jun 14, 2004

Has anyone discovered how to change the language automatically in an entire powerpoint document when the text doesnt appear in the outline view?

Highlighting all the text-boxes in each individual slide with control-A takes till forever in a long file.

I've tried inserting the original file into a new document with the desired spelling option / find&replace / masterfile but nothing works.

Any suggestions out there?

CIglesia
CIglesia
Spojené státy americké
Local time: 18:43
angličtina -> francouzština
+ ...
Powerpoint language selection / spell check Jun 15, 2004

No one seemed to have a definite answer on/topic/12797 and others here, closest maybe is Daina's topic # 10488.

I spent hours today looking for faster ways to switch the language of a complete ppoint presentation for a thorough spell check in Spanish or French.. not even shareware spell checking programs seem to be available, compatible with ppoint for this.

There has to be one good Switch somewhere!
I'll keep looking.. anyone else knows?

Good luck,... See more
No one seemed to have a definite answer on/topic/12797 and others here, closest maybe is Daina's topic # 10488.

I spent hours today looking for faster ways to switch the language of a complete ppoint presentation for a thorough spell check in Spanish or French.. not even shareware spell checking programs seem to be available, compatible with ppoint for this.

Good luck,

Carlos
Collapse

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Polsko
Local time: 00:43
angličtina -> polština
+ ...
And? Oct 4, 2004

CIglesia wrote:

Good luck,

Carlos

Have you found the switch yet?

I'd have some use for it, too.

Desperate.

Piotr

Simon Boyden
Simon Boyden  Identity Verified
Velká Británie
Local time: 23:43
Člen (2005)
španělština -> angličtina
+ ...
PowerPoint file language selection - Yes there is a solution Aug 22, 2005

Jost

Got this from : http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q245468.aspx

Originated from: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468

Have tested it, works like a dream and is virtually instantaneous.

Copy the code
... See more
Jost

Got this from : http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q245468.aspx

Originated from: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468

Have tested it, works like a dream and is virtually instantaneous.

Copy the code below (or from the website - see below).

Create a blank one presentation, go to Macro.. Visual Basic.. Insert.. Module.

Insert copied VB code

Change "LanguageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishUS" to the required language.

The language list can be found at:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/off2000/html/ppproDefaultLanguageID.asp

And there are even more in Visual Basic Editor Help, tough you might be prompted to install it.

Press Alt+ Q to quit.

With the presentation still open, right click on the toolbar, select Customize, select Macros under Categories, and from the right-hand pane, drag the Lingo macro to wherever you want it on the toolbar. It stays put.

Set Macro security (Tools.. Macro.. Security) to medium (this way it prompts you to enable or disable macros.

Open the presentation you wish to translate, click on Tools.. Macro.. Macros... or Alt+ F8.

You will still need to do a one-off manual Tools.. Language... select language and click on Default.

Please ensure you verify this on the relevant website, or search for the following text in Google:

macro for changing language in powerpoint

(do not use inverted commas). The third hit will take you to this site. In this day and age of viruses, etc. I would understand and in fact recommend that you check it yourself, and even copy the code directly from the website

Good luck

Visual Basic code exactly as I copied it:
Sub Lingo()

' Declare variables.
Dim sld As Slide
Dim shp As Shape

' Loop through all the slides in the presentation.
For Each sld In ActivePresentation.Slides

' Loop through each shape on each slide.
For Each shp In sld.Shapes

' If the Shape is a text box...
If shp.Type = msoTextBox Or msoPlaceholder Then
If shp.HasTextFrame Then

' ...then change the language to US English.
' NOTE: To change the language ID to another language,
' change the msoLanguageID value here to a
' different language.
shp.TextFrame.TextRange.LanguageID = msoLanguageIDEnglishUS

End If
End If
Next
Next

End Sub

[Edited at 2005-08-22 23:53]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powerpoint File Language Selection?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »