How can I correct my name in Word 2003?
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 08:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 25, 2009

When I create a new Word document, in File > Properties, there appears my name with a spelling mistake. How can I change it? I am using Windows XP Professional 5.1 and Word 2003.
Thanks and best regards, AT

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:01
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
In User Information Jul 25, 2009

Go to Tools > Options > User Information. This brings up an editable table containing your name. Make the necessary corrections to it and click OK. Any documents you produce after this will show your name in the amended form in Properties.

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where can I state the organization name? Jul 25, 2009

Thank you Jack. I have changed my name but still I cannot change the name of the organization. Where is that information stored? Best regards, AT

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:01
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
That baffles me too. Jul 25, 2009

You would think the User Information interface would enable you to set that too, wouldn't you? But it doesn't. I've spent some time trying things and searching on Google, but I can't find the answer to this problem. There is software which will enable you to do things with document properties, but I haven't found any that specifically mentions the default properties, and it isn't freeware, so you could be wasting your money. Glad I was able to be some help anyway.

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you again Jul 25, 2009

Dear Jack, Where can I state the Windows XP Professional user information? Perhaps, it is stored there. Thanks and best regards, AT

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:01
French to English
+ ...
Edit the registry Jul 25, 2009

Quoting from a short online tutorial that I used on a similar occasion:

1. Back up your registry key
2. To change this information, type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry editor. Now go to following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

2. In right-side pane, change the value of "RegisteredOwner" and "RegisteredOrganization" to any desired string
HTH

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sangra Jul 25, 2009

I will try it. Best regards, AT

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I correct my name in Word 2003?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »