How to work with track changes in excel (office 2003)
Thread poster: Alejandra Hozikian
Alejandra Hozikian
Alejandra Hozikian  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:22
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 24, 2009

I have track changes under tools but when I want to click on it so that changes become visible, no option is available to me. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:22
English to Spanish
Shared workbook Jun 24, 2009

See if this helps:
http://excel.tips.net/Pages/T002511_Turning_Off_Track_Changes_without_Unsharing.html

It discusses the shared workbook feature and the track changes feature, and their direct relation.

Pranati Parida
Pranati Parida  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 04:52
English to Oriya
+ ...
Track changes in excel(office 2003) Jun 24, 2009

In excel 2003 file

Open the Tools menu, choose Track Changes, and select Highlight Changes to open the Highlight Changes dialog box.

Click the Track Changes While Editing. This Also Shares Your Workbook checkbox to select it.

The Highlight Which Changes options become available; click OK to accept the default change options.
it will ask you to save the document
just do it.

Alejandra Hozikian
Alejandra Hozikian  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:22
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to work with track changes in excel (office 2003) Jun 24, 2009

Dear Luisa and Panati,

Thank you so much for your useful feedback. You have helped me solved the issue.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to work with track changes in excel (office 2003)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »