Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 20:43
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Serena Apr 12

Serena Rotundo wrote:
Unfortunately, I cannot find my quote ... and there was none on the job post.

So, you can't see your quote here?
https://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/

Serena Rotundo
Serena Rotundo  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2023)
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No, I can't Apr 12

Samuel Murray wrote:

Serena Rotundo wrote:
Unfortunately, I cannot find my quote ... and there was none on the job post.

So, you can't see your quote here?
https://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/

Not for their job post, but for everybody else I do.

Rachel Waddington
Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:43
Dutch to English
+ ...
That's ridiculous Apr 12

They have accepted your invoice and paid it. I would just tell them that the amount on the invoice is your rate and that no refunds are possible once the invoice has been accepted.

If you want to be accommodating you could ask them to forward evidence of the agreed rate - the onus is, of course, on them to provide this, in this situation.

The disputed amount seems to be under €100 so they are not going to take you to court for that, especially if they don't have any w
... See more
They have accepted your invoice and paid it. I would just tell them that the amount on the invoice is your rate and that no refunds are possible once the invoice has been accepted.

If you want to be accommodating you could ask them to forward evidence of the agreed rate - the onus is, of course, on them to provide this, in this situation.

The disputed amount seems to be under €100 so they are not going to take you to court for that, especially if they don't have any written evidence of the agreement.
Collapse

Serena Rotundo
Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Angie Garbarino

Kay Denney
Kay Denney  Identity Verified
France
French to English
. Apr 12

expressisverbis wrote:

I'm ashamed of the experience, the ridiculous price offer of that agency and the fact that it is based in... Portugal!
Sometimes I'd rather not be Portuguese...
Zea is right. You can find your job quotes in that link as well as your proposed rate.
If you clearly indicated your rate somewhere and they didn't notice or ignored it, but paid you according to your rate, that's their problem, not yours!
For this reason, asking for your money back is not only unprofessional but also insulting.

Only a racist would think less of you for being of the same nationality as this agency!

expressisverbis
Angie Garbarino

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 19:43
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
More of a strong criticism than a prejudice Apr 12

Kay Denney wrote:

Only a racist would think less of you for being of the same nationality as this agency!

It is true the problem lies with this specific agency and not with nationality, but I'm ashamed to know that there are people in my country who show no respect for our work.
Unfortunately, this happens in many other countries as we know well.
My answer could be interpreted as a prejudice against my own nationality, but it's actually more of a strong criticism than a prejudice.
I feel very annoyed by the unprofessionalism of this type.
However, what I don't understand is why they accepted the colleague's invoice and are only making this 'request' much later!?

Angie Garbarino
Dalia Nour

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
An invoice is an invoice Apr 12

Legally they can do nothing, they received the invoice, could read the rate, they paid it, also there is no PO and nothing for prooving they can be right, so end of story, move on and forget them.

PS, yes, 0.025 is insulting also for MTPE

Ciao!

Rachel Waddington
Serena Rotundo
Zea_Mays
Dalia Nour
expressisverbis

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A translation agency asked me money back

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »