Is there any "save" button in the MemoQ internface?
Thread poster: jyuan_us
jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:09
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 7, 2022

Got an assignment, for which I checked out the project from the client's MemoQ server, and worked on my desktop version of MemoQ. I was wondering if you can click on "save" while you are translating in this scenario. I'm not taking about the functions of "export." or synchronizing. I'm rather looking for a function of a simple click to save what I have translated.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:09
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not needed! Nov 7, 2022

MemoQ works on a database principle (not on a file loaded into the memory which you have to save). Anything you do in a segment gets saved automatically and is there even if you have a power outage or an eventual crash or if you close memoQ by accident. There is no need to save anything manually.

Thomas T. Frost
Stepan Konev

simon tanner
simon tanner  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Local TM Nov 7, 2022

Agree with Tomás, but am not sure this will be the case if I you are working on a file for which the TM is saved on the client's server. I'm not an expert on these finer details, but what I have done in the past when I wanted to have a copy was to add (or create a new) local TM to the project, so that the automatic process that Tomás refers to also happened locally. Might this be an option? I imagine Tomás is better qualified to answer, but just thought I'd make the suggestion.

Kirill Loktionov
Kirill Loktionov
Hungary
English to Russian
+ ...
Automatic/Manual Synchronization Nov 14, 2022

The only option to check is the Synchronization Behavior. If you switch it to Manual Synchronization, project on server will not be updated unless you click the Synchronize button. But memoQ will still ask you for that when you do some important actions like closing your local copy of the project.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Remote TM is updated automatically Nov 14, 2022

simon tanner wrote:
Agree with Tomás, but am not sure this will be the case if I you are working on a file for which the TM is saved on the client's server.

Good point. Now, every time you use the Confirm option (Ctrl+Enter), the segment is not only updated in your copy of your client's project, but also in the client's TM remotely wherever the TM may be hosted.

The only situation when the client's remote TM is NOT updated is when you use Confirm without update, another way of confirming in memoQ which is not the default one (and only serves a purpose in very rare situations).

[Edited at 2022-11-14 13:53 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any "save" button in the MemoQ internface?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »