Thread poster: John Barber
John Barber
John Barber
United States
Local time: 14:40
German to English
Oct 24, 2022

Hi!

I use MemoQ regularly - for about 4 years now.

Starting yesterday, all the dark-red TM lookup results (that is, all the segment leveraging within my project, as well as all the TM entries and fuzzy matches) ... just don't appear at all.

I still see TB hits, and some of the orange-numbered phrases that are useless (I've never learned what those are), but absolutely nothing from the TM. I've tried deleting a bunch of "preferences-..." files in the MemoQ
... See more
Hi!

I use MemoQ regularly - for about 4 years now.

Starting yesterday, all the dark-red TM lookup results (that is, all the segment leveraging within my project, as well as all the TM entries and fuzzy matches) ... just don't appear at all.

I still see TB hits, and some of the orange-numbered phrases that are useless (I've never learned what those are), but absolutely nothing from the TM. I've tried deleting a bunch of "preferences-..." files in the MemoQ program folder, and I've tried loading in other TMs just to see .... nothing changes.

Thanks for any insights!
Collapse

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 22:40
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
TM settings Oct 25, 2022

Perhaps you accidentally changed the "Minimum match threshold"? The default is quite low (60%); perhaps you changed it to a very high value.

Here is the relevant page from the memoQ Documentation: https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/edit-tm-settings.html?Highlight=tm%20settings

[Edited at 2022-10-25 05:29 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:40
English to Russian
Translation results eye Oct 25, 2022

Make sure that your project languages are the same as the TM languages. From what you describe, you seem to translate a SOU-TAR project using a TAR-SOU TM. TB works in both directions, that is why you still can see the TB hits. And concordance search still can be run with opposite language direction. That is why you can see the light orange hits.
Also, try to fiddle with the open/closed eye icon on the right. Double click it to open the Translation results settings window:

*Btw, segments with light-orange status are those from concordance search. Here is what memoQ manual reads:
"memoQ attempts to retrieve the longest possible expressions that can be found by concordancing, and tries to offer their equivalent too. If memoQ finds a translation, it appears on the list. You can insert this translation into the target cell just like TM matches."
However this does not explain why it suggests segments with blank target...

[Edited at 2022-10-25 10:51 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM results / leverage just disappeared

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »