Export of bilingual files from a project and keeping the source files folder structure
Thread poster: Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
Local time: 05:59
English to Bulgarian
Oct 20, 2022

Hello!

I am working with projects where the source files are imported in a specific folder structure.

Is it possible to export bilingual files (mqxliff or mqxlz) from there and keep the folder structure of the source files?

Currently memoQ exports them all together in one folder.

Best regards,
Dimmo

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Only when using a template, I think Oct 20, 2022

I think you can only do that if you have used a template for your project. There is an automation step you can add to export your documents to MQXLIFF, which has the following setting: "Recreate folder structure in export folder". I assume this is what you need.

I am not sure you can find the same setting outside the template editor, which applies to other settings, as well. memoQ seems to have several glaring inconsistencies, both in its GUI and its business logic. It's not in thei
... See more
I think you can only do that if you have used a template for your project. There is an automation step you can add to export your documents to MQXLIFF, which has the following setting: "Recreate folder structure in export folder". I assume this is what you need.

I am not sure you can find the same setting outside the template editor, which applies to other settings, as well. memoQ seems to have several glaring inconsistencies, both in its GUI and its business logic. It's not in their priorities, I guess.

Anyway, here's the relevant page from memoQ Docs: https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/mqxliff-export-settings.html?Highlight=mqxliff

[Edited at 2022-10-20 12:07 GMT]
Collapse

Dimmo Petrov
Dimmo Petrov
English to Bulgarian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Oct 20, 2022

Thank you, it really worked!

Best regards,
Dimmo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export of bilingual files from a project and keeping the source files folder structure

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »