How to run QA for Same Target but Different Source?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Sep 2, 2022

I have created an EN > NL Excel test project to evaluate the QA for Same Target but Different Source in memoQ 2015. You can download the table and an XLIFF here: https://bit.ly/3KJQoW3

How exactly do I run the QA check for Same Target but Different Source?

Filter

Grid

This is what I did:

QA

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:40
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bidirectional consistency Sep 2, 2022

I could not tell for memoQ 2015, but chances are that it is the same setting as in memoQ 9.10. It is the "Bidirectional" setting in the Consistency tab of your QA Settings. Try this location:
___Same target Captura de pantalla 2022-09-02 080937

This should check inter-segment consistency in both directions, source to target and target to source. You would also need to make sure you are using this set of QA settings in your project (you can have as many QA settings as you want to give you operative freedom depending on the project).

I hope this helps!

[Edited at 2022-09-02 06:13 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
How to proceed? Sep 2, 2022

Thank you Tomás!

It looks pretty much the same in memoQ 2015:

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 08.21.00

When I run the QA, nothing happens. Should I take another action?

Aha:

You would also need to make sure you are using this set of QA settings in your project (you can have as many QA settings as you want to give you operative freedom depending on the project).

Found it: https://helpcenter.memoq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010267080-How-do-I-change-my-QA-settings

[Edited at 2022-09-02 06:29 GMT]

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Select your now tuned QA settings for your project Sep 2, 2022

You can enable your new QA settings for your project inside the project. In Project home, choose Settings, then the icon for QA Settings. In the list of possible QA settings, choose the one you have edited. This should enable the new settings for the QA you do from now on in the project. I hope this helps!
____Project settings Captura de pantalla 2022-09-02 082828

Hans Lenting

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Yes! Sep 2, 2022

Exactly! I hope it works for you!

This way of having different "soft resources" you can enable or disable depending on your project is one of the things I love in memoQ. It gives us here in the office plenty of room to improve our processes.

[Edited at 2022-09-02 06:33 GMT]

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again! Sep 2, 2022

Thank you for your help, Tomás!

I managed to get the segments with Same Target but Different Source listed.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but the differing source segments aren't marked, are they?

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 08.36.54

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 08.37.00

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not marked... Sep 2, 2022

Hans Lenting wrote:
Perhaps I'm missing something, but the differing source segments aren't marked, are they?

That's right: as far as I have seen thus far, none of the set of differing source segment is marked. I reckon that the reason is that memoQ cannot really judge which segment(s) is/are "wrong". It merely says that you have at least one that is different to the rest, but you have to find it. In my experience, you normally would not have many segments in this situation, but it depends on your project of course...

Hans Lenting

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to run QA for Same Target but Different Source?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »