No support from Kilgray - with valid support agreement
Thread poster: Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:34
English to Danish
+ ...
Jan 12, 2017

This is just to warn users of MemoQ who pay an annual fee to be able to get support from Kilgray. Although the payment is annual, it would appear from my recent experience that the SMA is ONLY valid for around 11 months.

Explanation:
I have a SMA which expires on January 25, 2017. But on January 7 I submit a query, to which to date the only reply I have received is:

We would like to inform you that according to our records the Support and Maintenance Agreement for
... See more
This is just to warn users of MemoQ who pay an annual fee to be able to get support from Kilgray. Although the payment is annual, it would appear from my recent experience that the SMA is ONLY valid for around 11 months.

Explanation:
I have a SMA which expires on January 25, 2017. But on January 7 I submit a query, to which to date the only reply I have received is:

We would like to inform you that according to our records the Support and Maintenance Agreement for your memoQ serial numbers listed below will expire soon / have expired. Please contact your account manager or visit our webshop to renew it. If you were unsure about the direct contact, please send your email to [email protected]. Serial number SMA expires KGECF-xXXXX-xXXXX-Xxxx 2017-01-25

Or in other words, since my SMA expires on the 25th they are not going to help me with an issue on January 7th.

I may add that my query wasn't even really support related. It was a question to sales (and marked as such) to inquire about the possibilities to acquire an extra license for a third PC.

So be warned - an SMA with a validity of almost 1 month isn't necessarily sufficient to get MEmoQ support to react.

I have now sent a direct mail to the person responsible for sales at MemoQ - let's see if that is a better approach.

Kind regards
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:34
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Perhaps not the right conclusion Jan 12, 2017

Niels Barfoed wrote:

We would like to inform you that according to our records the Support and Maintenance Agreement for your memoQ serial numbers listed below will expire soon / have expired. Please contact your account manager or visit our webshop to renew it. If you were unsure about the direct contact, please send your email to [email protected]. Serial number SMA expires KGECF-xXXXX-xXXXX-Xxxx 2017-01-25

This is a standard renewal notice, probably nothing to do with your inquiry. I have also received it when expiry was approaching, with no relation to a support inquiry. There's nothing in this message to lead to the conclusion that -

Or in other words, since my SMA expires on the 25th they are not going to help me with an issue on January 7th.

As you said, you are not likely to get a sales-related query answered by support, especially if the query was directed to the sales department and not to technical support. I would follow it up with sales until a response is received.

gonzalo_kilgray
gonzalo_kilgray
Hungary
Kilgray contact information Jan 12, 2017

Hi Niels,

I am Gonzalo, from Kilgray's marketing team. Neils is right. This is just a standard message to let you know that your support and maintenance has expired or will expire soon. It is an automatic mailing coming from our system. In any case, we have a clear support and maintenan
... See more
Hi Niels,

I am Gonzalo, from Kilgray's marketing team. Neils is right. This is just a standard message to let you know that your support and maintenance has expired or will expire soon. It is an automatic mailing coming from our system. In any case, we have a clear support and maintenance agreement policy which you can read here: https://www.memoq.com/en/upgrade/upgrade-and-support-policy/memoq-translator-pro-customers

We rarely neglect support to a user unless their SMA has been invalid for a very long period. Have you already contacted [email protected] for an issue?

If you plan to use Kilgray's support I do recommend you to renew your agreement, which you can do it very fast in our webshop as the email says. If you are looking for alternatives, you can this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MemoQusers/ -

Cheers,

Gonzalo
Collapse

Niels Barfoed
Niels Barfoed  Identity Verified
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hopefully it is not standard to reply with a standard message to a query/support request Jan 13, 2017

John Fossey wrote:

As you said, you are not likely to get a sales-related query answered by support, especially if the query was directed to the sales department and not to technical support. I would follow it up with sales until a response is received.

First of all in reply to John, I do of course understand the difference between support and sales - that is precisely one of the reasons for my post here. When you post a query using a form which includes the option to chose the receiving department - here SALES - I don't find it strange to expect that the department in question will react. Irrespective of the fact that the form is found on a SUPPORT page.

Secondly in reply to both... the message text may be standard. I also received it earlier and unrelated to any support or other query. But to receive this message as the ONLY reply to a query lodged using a form on the company's website, with reference to the Ticket ID etc, honestly cannot be labelled as good customer service/support. When you still have 20 days left of a support agreement, you would expect to receive a useful reply actually addressing your issue.

I should add to finish this discussion off, that after raising this forum post (and after mailing directly to the person in charge of sales at MemoQ), they have come up with a proposal for me and also explained that apparently there was some kind of technical issue with my ticket.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No support from Kilgray - with valid support agreement

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »