Is it possible to create a TM from 2 Word docs (source & target) for version 2013 R2? thank you ?
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:48
Member (2006)
French to English
Jul 23, 2015

I have a source file in Word & the corresponding target file in Word; is it possible to create a single bilingual file in MemoQ from these 2 documents so that I can have a TM in MemoQ? Thank you.

Anthony Green
Anthony Green  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Yes, but... Jul 23, 2015

if you are going to be using memoQ, then align them in LiveDocs and make that Corpus active in your project without worrying too much whether they are perfectly aligned or not. If and when you come up with an odd alignment while translating, then edit the LiveDoc.
This is a huge advantage of LiveDocs compared with a TM, which if imperfectly aligned cannot really be edited at all. It has saved me hours and hours of work.
HTH

Mikhail Popov
Mikhail Popov
Montenegro
English to Russian
+ ...
LiveDocs Jul 24, 2015

And also you can try different alignment options during import to LiveDocs (try to tick different boxes in the dialogue window). You will get different results and maybe one will be better than others.

Jenny Duthie
Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to both Anthony & Mikhail Aug 26, 2015

Many thanks for this very helpful info, Anthony & Mikhail

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to create a TM from 2 Word docs (source & target) for version 2013 R2? thank you ?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »