Thread poster: lien
lien
lien
Netherlands
Local time: 17:00
English to French
+ ...
Dec 16, 2002

It is fascinating to observe a conversation follows its own path. This new forum has completely taken a flavour of his own, so much more enlighting than the lighter side of translation.

It started half joking, went through favorites quotations and from there reached a place where people could talk about hopes, dreams...

At first I thought this forum should have a new name, but then I have up my screen the title : Lighter side of trans/interp. Lighter side is all what it is a
... See more
It is fascinating to observe a conversation follows its own path. This new forum has completely taken a flavour of his own, so much more enlighting than the lighter side of translation.

It started half joking, went through favorites quotations and from there reached a place where people could talk about hopes, dreams...

At first I thought this forum should have a new name, but then I have up my screen the title : Lighter side of trans/interp. Lighter side is all what it is about.
Collapse

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:00
Russian to English
+ ...
joke, what joke!? Dec 19, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-16 13:55, lien wrote:

...It started half joking, ...

I was never anything but deadly serious

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This forum is developing in a fascinating way

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »