Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mehiko
Local time: 06:36
Kasapi (2006)
Ingles papuntang Spanish
+ ...
Apr 25, 2013

Hello, colleagues

As many of you may know, MSN Messenger is merging its services into Skype, so I reactivated my Skype account.

I have been using Skype this week, but I am not receiving the notifications I used to receive in Messenger, this is, everytime I had a job proposal from Proz. Is it possible to set-up this feature in Skype?

Thank you in advance.

Tony M
Tony M
Pransya
Local time: 14:36
Kasapi
French papuntang Ingles
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
How did you get your notifications? Apr 25, 2013

I wasn't aware of the existence of a possibility to have ProZ.com notifications sent out via MSN?

Are you perhaps referring to notifications coming in via a Hotmail account linked to your MSN account?

[Edited at 2013-04-25 16:17 GMT]

Yaotl Altan
Mehiko
Kasapi (2006)
Ingles papuntang Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Apr 25, 2013

Tony M wrote:

I wasn't aware of the existence of a possibility to have ProZ.com notifications sent out via MSN?

Are you perhaps referring to notifications coming in via a Hotmail account linked to your MSN account?

[Edited at 2013-04-25 16:17 GMT]

Right, Tony. Thak you for clearing it up, yes, I am referring to those notifications via a Hotmail accountd linked to the MSN account.

Tony M
Tony M
Pransya
Local time: 14:36
Kasapi
French papuntang Ingles
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Right Apr 25, 2013

Yaotl Altan wrote:

I am referring to those notifications via a Hotmail account linked to the MSN account.

OK, well in that case, I don't know the solution, though you might find it helpful that you can synchronize a Hotmail account into a Gmail account; don't know if that would be any help?

I feel sure MS must have thought of this and put something in place to deal with it!

Steven Segaert
Steven Segaert
Estonia
Local time: 15:36
Kasapi (2012)
Ingles papuntang Olandes
+ ...
Unfortunately ... Apr 25, 2013

... Hotmail e-mail notifications are not supported in Skype.

See http://community.skype.com/t5/Live-Messenger/No-email-notifications-after-merging/m-p/1184578#M52

Yaotl Altan
Mehiko
Kasapi (2006)
Ingles papuntang Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bad joke Apr 25, 2013

Steven Segaert wrote:

... Hotmail e-mail notifications are not supported in Skype.

See http://community.skype.com/t5/Live-Messenger/No-email-notifications-after-merging/m-p/1184578#M52

Thank you, Steven.

And still they call it "improvement"? What a bad joke!

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mehiko
Local time: 07:36
Kasapi (2011)
Spanish papuntang Ingles
App for use with Chrome Apr 25, 2013

I use this app for Hotmail/Outlook e-mail notifications https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/my-message-center/dkoiaajkgplnpjckonbjncgdkodoapid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Skype notifications

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »